Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's our best team to park the bus with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's our best team to park the bus with?

I'm going with...

Kenny
    Onuoha Ferdinand Hill Taiwo
    Mackie Barton Derry Diakite Traore
    Cisse

Yer. I'd agree with that. Not sure how Cisse will fare up top by himself. Usual practice would be to play someone like Bobby, who can challenge for 50/50's and hold the ball up, so I expect BZ will start. Cisse to come on if we need a goal.

Comment

You forgot the bus driver....

Seriously i hear loads about BZ's brilliant hold up play, but i'm not convinced. Yes he is sstrong and holds players off if played into his chest, but he doesn't win as many headers as he should for me, and his control and touch with his feet of late has been shocking, with his 2nd touch being a tackle more often than not.

Comment

I agree too Felt.

I would also like to park it in Stoke's goalmouth.

Comment

What's happened to Big Dan, we need all the big bods to stand in a line.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
            What's happened to Big Dan, we need all the big bods to stand in a line.
            Wonder if we could loan him and Hall to Bolton to bolster their defence, considering their injuries?

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
              Wonder if we could loan him and Hall to Bolton to bolster their defence, considering their injuries?
              Not sure bolster is the word I would use!

Comment

What a top top plan
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Apologies, misread that for Stoke!! Tuesday beers for you. Is Borrowdale available as well?

Comment

Put Kieron Dyer in a massive wheelchair alongside Kenny to block the goalline

Comment

Originally posted by Felt View Post
                      I'm going with...

Kenny
                      Onuoha Ferdinand Hill Taiwo
                      Mackie Barton Derry Diakite Traore
                      Cisse
                      Was just about to do a post about the team for City and you have it bang on in my opinion.

Derry to play deep and never no more than 10 yards in front of our defence.

Mackie and Traore to took in and make our midfield narrow sending City out wide. Traore for Taarabt purely for his defensive ability,pace and dribbling ability to get us further up the pitch with the ball.

Cisse up front is a no brainer for me. I've been very disappointed with Bobby's hold up play and in general he's been bullied by defenders not the other way round, Kompany and Lescott will do the same.

Cisse up front means we can literally play 60 yard balls deep into the corners and let him run, winning throw ins etc deep in Citys half giving our defence a breather. It's going to be a hard 90 mins for him!

City do try walking the ball in and a lot of their play is through the middle, with the exception of Toure, from an attacking point of view we should deal with balls into the box, hence the reason for playing very narrow and getting bodies in the way.

All in all though, it's going to take one of the best performances ever from a Rangers team to get the result up there.

Comment

Don`t park it, drive it carefully...rest at the stops and drive the planned route. Then we`ll arrive at the destination we`re aiming for.

Comment

they'll expect that..we should do a wigan and go at them, properly not like the whimper at the bridge...
                          3-5-2 keeps coming to mind though
                          kenny
                          ferdy hill taiwo
                          young samba derry barton traore
                          adel
                          cisse

no onouha as i feel he's awful at times
                          traore for pace
                          if no adel as outlet..then mackie for heart and pace/effort

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
                            Don`t park it, drive it carefully...rest at the stops and drive the planned route. Then we`ll arrive at the destination we`re aiming for.
                            like that ...................

Comment

cant we just park the team coach in front of the goal with all our players sitting in it

Comment

Working...
                              X