Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is our Average Home gate for this season. Our BEST seasonal average since 1977/8 (19,900) and I reckon our capacity was considerably higher then (24-28k ?)

And this season would have been higher if the likes of Stoke filled their half of the away end.
    Swansea, Sunderland, Newcastle would have brought more had they not been Weekday games on the telly.

9 home games could be classed as 'total' sellouts -
    18,076 Man City
    18,050 Chelsea
    18,033 Man Utd
    18,033 Norwich
    18,033 Everton
    18,033 Liverpool
    18,033 Arsenal
    18,021 Spurs
    18,015 Fulham

4 games with 17k
    5 games with 16k
    Just 1 game with 15k (1st game v Bolton)

A case for a bigger ground ?

9 sell outs is not enough to be honest. Where are the army of posters that gauraunteed every home game would be a sell out in home ends??
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

In 1978 we had a capacity of 30,000

Comment

'If you build it they will come'
        Queens Park Rangers
        NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Premier league clubs in London should not be considering stadiums less than 30K, maybe in 35K. Premier league football in London is much like going to a west end show for many tourists. QPR are currently missing out on easy revenue.

Rumour has it Reading FC are about to put two pillars up so they can say they have begun building which keeps the planning permission they have !(otherwise it expires this year). They want to build the Madejski into a 35K seater.... Surely we should not consider much smaller?

Premier league football does not need 18K stadiums, it demands 35K min.

Comment

Personally, I'd settle for a realistic 25k, which could be expanded to 35k in the future.

I'd hate to have a 'Ricoh' atmosphere.
            One of our strengths this season has been the intimidating atmosphere we create by being so close to the players. We should try to replicate that.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
              Personally, I'd settle for a realistic 25k, which could be expanded to 35k in the future.

One of our strengths this season has been the intimidating atmosphere we create by being so close to the players. We should try to replicate that.
              have to agree with that.
              I'm here for a long time, not a good time...

Comment

The most I can see us filling in the coming seasons is 24,000.
                Build a ground with that capacity which can be expanded in coming seasons. I think if tickets were reasonably priced we could sell out 22,000 home tickets easily imo
                We're Queens Park Rangers and we always do things the hard way!
                @Deadend_Friend

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                  9 sell outs is not enough to be honest. Where are the army of posters that gauraunteed every home game would be a sell out in home ends??
                  Not quite true that we only had 9 sell outs, the home tickets sold out more times than 9,the short fall in the gates of 17,000 odd was lack of away fans.

Probably sold out home ends around 14 times,which is not to bad considering a lot of seats at Rangers have a crap view.

We need a new stadium end of to grow to a new level,30-35,000 would be fine, and I think you would find with the right pricing in the premiership we could average 25,000 plus fairly easily.

Comment

http://www.qprstats.com/statistics/a...nce/?year=2012
                    Judging from that we sell all (or almost all) home tickets every week. Its away fans which keep attendances down
                    We're Queens Park Rangers and we always do things the hard way!
                    @Deadend_Friend

Comment

Interesting figures, the home support has nudged up by about a thousand or so in the last few games when we've had the lower tier of the School End.

I've been in Loftus Rd on several occasions when we had 30k gates, brilliant days, and if we can maintain a premiership future, 30K may not be enough.

Whatever happens, the club has to improve the management of the stadium, at times it is very poor.
                      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

TBH we need a new stadium whether its 18k or 35k capacity. People will soon no longer be willing to pay upwards of £30 to sit in a sub-standard arena, where over 1200 seats are restricted view, and you have to be under 4ft tall to be anywhere near comfortable if sitting.

The food outlets, toilets, general walk -ways, access points, etc etc are no way up to todays standards and lets face it if there was ever the need for a quick evacuation from the ER stand it just wouldn't happen.

Build a 35k seater arena similar to the Madjeski with its steep rake, but with the front rows as close to the pitch as they are at LR. We'd fill it easily especially at £25 per ticket.
                        22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post

............mkdons with the 'empty' tier on top too be finished if/when required could be the answer!
                          you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                            Not quite true that we only had 9 sell outs, the home tickets sold out more times than 9,the short fall in the gates of 17,000 odd was lack of away fans.

Probably sold out home ends around 14 times,which is not to bad considering a lot of seats at Rangers have a crap view.

Good point
                            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Where's Alfie? He'd have a field day on this - loves talking about our capacity.

Comment

Working...
                              X