X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Tony is no quitter

FERNANDES EXCLUSIVE IN 'HOOPS!'
    Posted on: Fri 04 May 2012

Tony Fernandes speaks exclusively in Sunday's matchday programme - setting the record straight on a number of key issues as the 2011/12 Barclays Premier League campaign nears its finale.

The R's Chairman opens his heart up to the QPR faithful, with the message quite simply being - 'I'm no quitter.'

"I have come up the hard way in life. Nothing has been handed to me on a plate, so I know what it takes to be successful and I'm certainly no quitter," he tells 'Hoops.'

"We have a stable infrastructure in place and myself and my fellow shareholders - Din and Ruben, and of course Amit and the Mittal family - all share the same common goals in terms of our long-term objectives for this Club.

"We have a structured long-term strategy in place that will, in time, bear fruit for the foreseeable future."

Fernandes continues: "Myself and my fellow shareholders will leave no stone unturned to ensure that every QPR fan can hold their heads up high and say 'I'm a Queens Park Rangers fan' - wherever they are in the world - and be proud.

"My only regret is that I didn't arrive at QPR slightly earlier, but regardless of whether our fight to beat the drop is a successful one - and I sincerely hope it is - this Club is in great hands going forward."

We are so much more stable than we ever were under the previous regime (even though they saved us).
    We finally look like we're going somewhere.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I liked this one!!

Ps; we do still miss a norwegian player.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
        I liked this one!!

Not this again! Wasn't vaagen moen meant to be one of the brightest Norwegian prospects? :=B:
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
          I liked this one!!

Maybe we can get Mort Gamst Pedersen once Blackburn have gone down....

Comment

he has said what so many of us have said this season - if only he could have arrived a couple of months earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              he has said what so many of us have said this season - if only he could have arrived a couple of months earlier.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                Not this again! Wasn't vaagen moen meant to be one of the brightest Norwegian prospects? :=B:
                But not a player I would have bought to an english club. Not suited for english fotball.

I wouldn´t have said no to Hangeland though? Would you?
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
                  Maybe we can get Mort Gamst Pedersen once Blackburn have gone down....
                  That´s a good idea!!
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Jan Aage Fjortoft for me.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                      FERNANDES EXCLUSIVE IN 'HOOPS!'
                      Posted on: Fri 04 May 2012

Tony Fernandes speaks exclusively in Sunday's matchday programme - setting the record straight on a number of key issues as the 2011/12 Barclays Premier League campaign nears its finale.

The R's Chairman opens his heart up to the QPR faithful, with the message quite simply being - 'I'm no quitter.'

"I have come up the hard way in life. Nothing has been handed to me on a plate, so I know what it takes to be successful and I'm certainly no quitter," he tells 'Hoops.'

"We have a stable infrastructure in place and myself and my fellow shareholders - Din and Ruben, and of course Amit and the Mittal family - all share the same common goals in terms of our long-term objectives for this Club.

"We have a structured long-term strategy in place that will, in time, bear fruit for the foreseeable future."

Fernandes continues: "Myself and my fellow shareholders will leave no stone unturned to ensure that every QPR fan can hold their heads up high and say 'I'm a Queens Park Rangers fan' - wherever they are in the world - and be proud."My only regret is that I didn't arrive at QPR slightly earlier, but regardless of whether our fight to beat the drop is a successful one - and I sincerely hope it is - this Club is in great hands going forward."
                      Always have done no matter what, but thanking my lucky stars Tony is on board.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                        Always have done no matter what, but thanking my lucky stars Tony is on board.
                        Me too - what I think he's alluding to though is that if you are in a part of the world where currently you would get a blank look at the mention of the mighty Rangers, in time to come, the locals will respond like all real Rangers do now, with a friendly you R's and a round of drinks
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                          We are so much more stable than we ever were under the previous regime (even though they saved us).
                          We finally look like we're going somewhere.
                          Agree ninja, we were saved by flav & bernie, & mr mittal, but with the former 2 now gone we are in even better hands

Comment

Good piece and good timing. Maybe his way to try and ease the pressure on the players so they play with a litle less fear on sunday, given our position, and help us get what could be a defining win.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                              Good piece and good timing. Maybe his way to try and ease the pressure on the players so they play with a litle less fear on sunday, given our position, and help us get what could be a defining win.
                              Does this heap the pressure back on Blackburn? If so, that Steve Keen bloke don't half talk some rubbish - all the pressure back on them, noce one Tone
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                              X