Mid Table Mediocrity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid Table Mediocrity

Anyone else feel we deserve at least a season of this if we stay up?

Personally, not enjoyed this season at all. Been bloody horrible. Non stop thinking of what may happen, ifs and buts all over the place. Even now we're in a situation whereby we could stay up if we lose the next 2 games heavily, but still go down even if we thump Stoke and get a draw in Manchester.

It can't just be me that is having trouble coping, surely.

No, not just you, I cant believe many Rs fans have enjoyed being back.
    And we waited so long.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      Anyone else feel we deserve at least a season of this if we stay up?

Personally, not enjoyed this season at all. Been bloody horrible. Non stop thinking of what may happen, ifs and buts all over the place. Even now we're in a situation whereby we could stay up if we lose the next 2 games heavily, but still go down even if we thump Stoke and get a draw in Manchester.

It can't just be me that is having trouble coping, surely.
      surely youd be going through the same nightmare in the NPC, are we going to go up automatically, will we go through in the play offs etc...

I agree it no good for the nerves, but somehow I find the scenarios listed above more entertaining than mid table mediocrity. Wouldnt mind us doing a sjoke and ending up in europe though :yush:

Comment

i think it's the pure and utter change from last season to this.
        we've toiled around for ages...and weren't exactly playoff contenders for a couple of years...one season we bring NW to save us from dropping to L1, next season we win the championship.
        i'm not fussed one jot that norwich and swansea have survived - they've done it their way, fair play. but just been very disappointed with us. We've have issues with owners, players under-performing (JB, AT), injuries (AF, AT, HH...), refs etc...
        it's been the bad luck slice the whole way.

Comment

I will take a mid table finish with no thrills and spills on the relegation front. Just so long as we perform against some of the big boys, beat the chavs again and not ship 6 against them and the fools - oh and a decent cup cup just to keep it interesting.
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Noticable reduction in number of angst-ridden threads must mean that most on here believe that we are likely to stay up......or is it that the nay-sayers are preoccupied licking their wounds among other things and when they get bored with that they will combine to release copious cornucopias of doom-laden diatribes? Just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
              I will take a mid table finish with no thrills and spills on the relegation front. Just so long as we perform against some of the big boys, beat the chavs again and not ship 6 against them and the fools - oh and a decent cup run just to keep it interesting.
              Beating Milton Keynes not enough for you then ?

Comment

Beating Milton Keynes not enough for you then ?
                I want a run, not a limp Brighton
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I want a run, not a limp Brighton
                  'A limp Brighton'...is that some form of euphemism??
                  2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevster269 View Post
                    'A limp Brighton'...is that some form of euphemism??
                    Not even gonna attempt to answer that.

Bloody hell, Bluehoop. Now look what you've started.

Comment

Mid table mediocrity would be very nice as I still think there's a big job to do. I don't for one minute think if we stay up we'll be really good next season. Too many of the players have let us down or just aren't good enough. We need some younger, hungrier players to improve with us.

Comment

given half a chance i think traore will be a good player. others like AT will know more about the type of game played in the PL, as will others in the team. Diakite is another who will shine in the future, not forgetting ali faurlin.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
                          i think it's the pure and utter change from last season to this.
                          we've toiled around for ages...and weren't exactly playoff contenders for a couple of years...one season we bring NW to save us from dropping to L1, next season we win the championship.
                          i'm not fussed one jot that norwich and swansea have survived - they've done it their way, fair play. but just been very disappointed with us. We've have issues with owners, players under-performing (JB, AT), injuries (AF, AT, HH...), refs etc...
                          it's been the bad luck slice the whole way

But I still want a new season!!
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Not even gonna attempt to answer that.

Bloody hell, Bluehoop. Now look what you've started.

So when we get knocked out in years to come it will forever be known as a limp Brighton. But, if we win the final (:drunk it will become the Brighton rock
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

So when we get knocked out in years to come it will forever be known as a limp Brighton. But, if we win the final (:drunk it will become the Brighton rock
                              Rhyming slang?

Comment

Working...
                              X