Why against all my natural instincts I'll be rooting for Utd on Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why against all my natural instincts I'll be rooting for Utd on Monday

We've taken it for a given that we'll get at best a defeat, at worst a pummeling at City. But if Utd win on Monday, or get a draw and then a win at Sunderland we will play a Man City side in their last game of the season and the only one they've got absolutely nothing to play for.

Considering the morale will be low, Mancini has apparently been told he will be in charge next season and a number of their players will be taking part in the Euros, I can't see them being up for it if the tackles start flying in - similar to when West Ham won at Man Utd with that Tevez goal.

It could be we may need a point or even three. It's the one time and one scenario all year when it would be good to play City. Similarly Blackburn play Chelsea three days before the CL final so nothing is certain.

I too for once will be hoping Man U win the title, and sooner rather than later.
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Won't all QPR fans want Utd to win Monday.... If not they have serious issues if their hatred of any club comes before the potential wellbeing of our own.

Comment

Utd utd utd
        QPR BORN AND BRED

Comment

Did want Man City to do it up until now but thats all changed

Comment

another triple piked with tuck with a half twist from Young might get them a win

Comment

Man City relaxed or Man City under pressure to win? Not sure which is worse...

Comment

im with rich. I think they will be easier to beat if they can still win title. If title is wrapped up they will pressure free and can play free flowing attacking football without worrying about the result.

On the other hand, if they can win league by beating us, they will be under huge pressure, constantly worrying about utd's score elsewhere, fans will be on edge, every misplaced pass will bring down huge amounts of groans etc.

To sum up id rather play em crapping themselves and under huge pressure than with nothing to lose

Comment

Somehow I think Yaya Toure and could cope with the pressure. Away maybe, but they have barely dropped a point at home in their pursuit of the title. They'd beat us 3-0 and upwards if they needed to win.

Comment

i put money on city to win title, sod that now come on utd.
                    WEST COUNTRY RANGER

Comment

Working...
                    X