Beard: Relegation won’t wreck our future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beard: Relegation won’t wreck our future

QPR chief executive Philip Beard believes the club remain on course to achieve their long-term ambitions under Tony Fernandes – even if they are relegated.

More...

Well said.

I hope Mark Hughes will stay on.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

if we can keep Hughes and majority of our squad even if we go down then we have good foundation to try come back after one season and be better prepared for PL than this season. Call me crazy, but even if we go down i still see our future bright,because we finally have a board with sense.

Comment

Good to hear i need to hear these things again at the mo

Comment

Originally posted by ArticHoop View Post
          if we can keep Hughes and majority of our squad even if we go down then we have good foundation to try come back after one season and be better prepared for PL than this season. Call me crazy, but even if we go down i still see our future bright,because we finally have a board with sense.

QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

well, isn't hughes on like mega money relatively speaking given the stature of our club vs the bigger clubs in the prem? if that were the case, he'd be mad to walk away from a good old pay packet.

here's hoping IF we go down, most of the current lot stay. one pre-season unmolested for us will make a hell of a lot of difference....
            come on you r's!

Comment

thats nice to hear lets hope we can stay up or come straight back up as champions
              Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

He's hardly going to say anything else though is he like "If we go down we're screwed basically".

Comment

Originally posted by wicksta View Post
                  He's hardly going to say anything else though is he like "If we go down we're screwed basically".
                  i had a nice warm feeling reading that and then you came along wicksta
                  Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

My guess is he wouldn't lie. So he wouldn't have said anything if we were in the brown smelly stuff.

Comment

Isn't it about time for another new stadium rumour?

A planning application or plan would help convince me that Tony is long term....

Comment

Originally posted by wicksta View Post
                        Can't see how we'd be screwed,as parachute payments come into place and we'd deffo be strong favourites to come straight back up !!

Comment

I feel its only been over the past few weeks we have started to get to grips with the pace you have to play in the prem and IF we did go down we should be able the rip teams apart in the championship if we play with the same passion. Look at the first dozen games we were chasing shadows as its a different tempo with much better calibre of player against us.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerryhatrick View Post
                            Isn't it about time for another new stadium rumour?

A planning application or plan would help convince me that Tony is long term....
                            I'm the sort that needs plenty of reassurance, could be from my childhood, I don't know; when I listen to PR gurus I don't hear anything, saying ain't doing.

Beard sounds like he means what he says, I'm not so sure when/if we go through the trapdoor the mantra will follow us but in QPR I trust.

Comment

I read an interview with Amit about six months ago where he said he'd formed a good friendship and taken a lot of advice from Mike Ashley on running a top football club.

Wouldn't be surprised if we follow the Newcatle model if we go down. Keep the best players and core of the squad, get rid of the fringe driftwood, bring in a few youngsters on the cheap, take a short-term hit on wages against drop in turnover and aim to go straight back up.

Comment

Working...
                              X