Goal line technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goal line technology

What really bugs me is that now a big club, has been seen to be clearly robbed by an incompetent official, suddenly the FA, Fifa, etc are now clamouring to bring in goal line technology, but the fella on ssn says they don't want it for anything else, so the message to Ashley Young, Lee Mason, carry on cheating.

You cant have technology for everything, just the decisions that change games.

So Ashley Young incident has potential for being reviewed. Otherwise the game would be ruined and flow so slowly...

Comment

Actually, IIR, the FA representative release a statement a matter of minutes after our phantom goal at Bolton saying the very same thing. Even the planks at Fifa have said earlier this season that it must be introduced for goal line decisions. So no, it's not a conspiracy and no it hasn't just changed because a big Club got done.
      However, it remains a fact that we were robbed by the incompetence of the officials and the inability of the games masters to get it sorted, the clueless #####s
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

They won't use it for incidents like Young diving that's what he's saying, it was FIFA vice president Jim Boyce, he's saying FIFA only want it for goal lines, not far enough imo.

Comment

Various forms of goal-line technology are being trialled by FIFA with a decision to be made this July presumably to be implemented 2012/13 season ?
          Would avoid yesterdays non goal, and our legit one at Bolton cockups in the future

Can't help but think we are being fobbed off by Blatter and co though

A goaline camera and microchipped balls aren't going to solve the real problems of cheating players and incompetant officials

Comment

Originally posted by HertsHoops View Post
            Various forms of goal-line technology are being trialled by FIFA with a decision to be made this July presumably to be implemented 2012/13 season ?
            Would avoid yesterdays non goal, and our legit one at Bolton cockups in the future

A goaline camera and microchipped balls aren't going to solve the real problems of cheating players and incompetant officials

Comment

[QUOTE=HertsHoops;843677]Various forms of goal-line technology are being trialled by FIFA with a decision to be made this July presumably to be implemented 2012/13 season ?

A goaline camera and microchipped balls aren't going to solve the real problems of cheating players and incompetant officials[/QUOTE]

And that will never happen unless the FA grow a pair. All the while they condone cheating, as they did with the Derry appeal, we have no chance of solving that one
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

But if you introduce tv replays for a game changing incident, goal, red card, and the "winning" of pens then that would make the game a lot fairer.A poster on here said yesterday that the top clubs would oppose it because they would lose out on 9/12 points a season where decisions go their way, and i'm inclined to agree.

Comment

Football needs to catch up with most other sports...Tennis, Cricket, Rugby. If there are 2 decision referrals allowed per game per team plus if the referee has the option of a referral that is hardly gonna stop the flow. Add to this the goal line techno stuff and it will virtually rule out the crap decisions being made by incompetent referees and make the game more enjoyable for all. I believe it will add to the excitment. It is only a matter of time before it's introduced. The goal line stuff will be the first step and once that is proved to be successful then we move onto the next...that's my hope anyhow.

Comment

It's a little more complicated than first thought if technology is introduced. Good article here explaining some of the wrinkles.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17725886

Comment

Platini...just when we are about to see the back of Blatter another numpty is born.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprocket View Post
                        Platini...just when we are about to see the back of Blatter another numpty is born.
                        Agree jumped up t**t, as for the FA cup don't use it in that competition, but for me it has too come in for more than just goals,look at poor Tony Fernandes, he has tried to build a team we can only have dream't of as short a while ago as last summer, and his investment is in danger of being devalued because of the ineptitude, of the officials, and the governing body of English football.
                        Last edited by QPRDave; 16-04-2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

I agree the game needs this sorting out, and that at Bolton was as bad as you'll see. But that ******** at wembley, I don't thing goal line technology was the issue, just terrible reffereeing, not booking Terry for taking three players down in the first place.

Comment

The problem is, by implementing it they are saying we do not trust the referees decision to be correct so we think it would be better if they were given some help.
                            It underminds the FA and the referees. I do think it will happen though.
                            Queens Park Rangers
                            NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
                              The problem is, by implementing it they are saying we do not trust the referees decision to be correct so we think it would be better if they were given some help.
                              It underminds the FA and the referees. I do think it will happen though.
                              Tbh 80s i don't trust refereeing decisions, and i would have thought it would be more palatable for the FA, to make refs feel undermined, than millions of football supporters feeling the game is corrupt.
                              I know what you're saying though.

Comment

Working...
                              X