Why don't the Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't the Board

Why don't the Board spend money on some good striking prospects and a left back if they are in it for the long-term ? Because if we did go up, there would have to be big changes to the squad anyhow to keep us there, so at some stage they're gonna have to spend.

I think they are doing it in stages year by year. We are slowly building a good squad, but I don't think they will be going for it this year. I am thinking more next year (Season) we will buy a couple of decent forwards to complete the jigsaw.

Comment

you may be right olly

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
        I think they are doing it in stages year by year. We are slowly building a good squad, but I don't think they will be going for it this year. I am thinking more next year (Season) we will buy a couple of decent forwards to complete the jigsaw.
        I think thats the point of his question. Why not just buy them now? It seems we have been looking.. put a bid in for Cox, asked Leeds about Beckford, tried for Lita but as soon as the price gets up a bit, we pull out.

Comment

The way I see it is if we did by chance happen to go up this year, they will have to spend big to keep us there, so why not just do it now??

As the saying goes, you've got to speculate to accumulate and I'm sure, with their contacts, they would get even more sponsorship in if we do go up, to balance the books

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
            I think you're probably right unfortunately but what is the point of doing something next season that you could do right now?...The gulf between the big clubs and the little ones is growing ever more as more and more Sugar Daddys come out of the woodwork wanting to bankroll, mostly Premiership teams (refer Man City, Portsmouth (although the latter looks dodgy)). There's a gamble in a Championship club because without investment, Promotion's unlikely to work so I'd be really intrigued to know what the plan (if there is one) is as it stands now. I'm positive about the coming season despite these comments.....It's just that whenever does it make sense to start any competition handicapped when there's no need for it?? Nottm Forest have a wealth of Striking options (including our best one from last season), yet we seem to be about to embark on a season with a keeper, defence & midfield all easily capable of promotion but without a striker, it's pointless paying them all top dollar if you're going to see your investment wasted by a lack of goals......46 0-0 draws is relagation stuff. Forwards aren't a luxury, they're a necessity. We scored the least amount of goals than any other team in the CCC last year with arguably a worse forward line than we've got now. Rant over.....sorry I feel better for venting.

Comment

i think we have so much quality in midfield.. and i have no idea why people are worrying too much about our forwards?? taraabt, balanta, vine and agyemang!

Comment

And out of those 4, I wouldn't mind betting at least 2 will be injured B4 long - Least likely Balanta - Haven't all the other 3 been injured recently + then of course there's HH

Comment

Working...
                X