Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Mason

Watch his performance very carefully.
    Bolton born and bred, he's either a Bolton fan, or a ManUre fan, either way, I don't feel at all comfortable having him referee our match, and were I Mark Hughes, I would definitely have let my feelings known to the relevant body.

Has he reffed us before this year? Must admit don't like the sound of that, i thought they got refs from a another part of the country to ref teams.

Comment

Liverfool away, Mason was the ref there.

Nobody will convince me that Mason goes into tomorrow's game with no hint of bias about him. His appointment doesn't sit well with me, mate.

Comment

Was pretty fair at Liverpool waved away a couple of good penalty shouts for the reds.

Comment

Originally posted by ZANNEYQPR View Post
          Was pretty fair at Liverpool waved away a couple of good penalty shouts for the reds.
          Liverpool v QPR? I dont really remember but him being harsh on Liverpool would support OPs argument that he is either a Man U or Bolton fan.

Comment

bummer must be a red then just our luck.

Comment

Our best hope is that he is a Man City fan.
              Unless he supports Oldham, Accrington or Stockport, he cannot be impartial, surely?

His brother was a Bolton player and he is a member of the bolton referees association!!
              He still lives in Bolton (amongst BOLTON fans) --this is SO wrong.

Can Rangers not appeal referee appointments?

No wonder there have been so many FA conspiracy theories floating around about them wanting us to go down - this sort of thing doesn't help at all.
              Last edited by swanleyhoop; 07-04-2012, 11:25 PM.
              Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Seriously??? The guy is a professional referee who gets paid to be an impartial judge of a football match! Will he get everything 100% correct.....no, does that mean he is cheating in order to save a team he is speculated to support......no!! Lets stop looking for excuses and focus on trying to win!!

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
                  Our best hope is that he is a Man City fan.
                  Unless he supports Oldham, Accrington or Stockport, he cannot be impartial, surely?

His brother was a Bolton player and he is a member of the bolton referees association!!
                  He still lives in Bolton (amongst BOLTON fans) --this is SO wrong.

Can Rangers not appeal referee appointments?

No wonder there have been so many FA conspiracy theories floating around about them wanting us to go down - this sort of thing doesn't help at all.
                  Crikey, if he's a shitty fan, that could be our saving grace. Otherwise it's ManUre & Ref v QPR.
                  Would still say though, Mason's appointment to ref our game is so, so, so wrong on so many levels.
                  Not for the first time in recent seasons, we go into battle with the odds heavily stacked against us, (thankyou FA) and a point today will be truly some achievement.
                  C'mon you Rrrrrrrrrrrrsssssss.

Comment

Originally posted by ZANNEYQPR View Post
                    Surely, that can't be said in his favour, because if he's a Manc, his sudden bias towards us at Anfield becomes somewhat obvious.
                    Nah, I would be more comfortable knowing he was sidelined today, I really would.
                    Simply for the fact that Mason comes from BOLTON, one of our rivals in the relegation dogfight, that alone should have ruled him out for today's game, I mean, If I had anything to do with it, My conscience wouldn't be clear knowing I had helped appoint Mason, it just doesn't feel right, at all.

Still, we have the stones to overcome the odds, I just hope the players turn up in the right frame of mind. If they do, we'll get at least a point.

Comment

I've just been checking this out, the guy is a life long Bolton fan. How could the FA put him in charge of a game involving Bolton's closest rivals in the table at such a critical point of the season?!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
                        Seriously??? The guy is a professional referee who gets paid to be an impartial judge of a football match! Will he get everything 100% correct.....no, does that mean he is cheating in order to save a team he is speculated to support......no!! Lets stop looking for excuses and focus on trying to win!!

Exactly its not worth his lucrative job to be dodgy as it would be obvious for all to see and the media, who would easilly find all this stuff out about the refs, would be all over it.

It could work the other way and that he would be worried to give much against us for fear of such accusations.

Let's just see what happens, and if he is dodge then give him sh1te.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post

Exactly its not worth his lucrative job to be dodgy as it would be obvious for all to see and the media, who would easilly find all this stuff out about the refs, would be all over it.

It could work the other way and that he would be worried to give much against us for fear of such accusations.

Let's just see what happens, and if he is dodge then give him sh1te.
                          The point is it is impossible for Lee Mason to be completely impartial today. The team who he openly supports would benefit greatly in QPR were to loose today. It's not a concious decision, it's human nature. The FA should never have selected him for this game!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            The point is it is impossible for Lee Mason to be completely impartial today. The team who he openly supports would benefit greatly in QPR were to loose today. It's not a concious decision, it's human nature. The FA should never have selected him for this game!
                            Fair enough I suppose.

I remember reading a while back (sorry can't remember exact details) where referees have to declare which team they support and they are then not allowed to referee any match which directly affects that team. I think this may have been before the refs went full time in the PL though so that might have changed now. It would be extremely difficult to implement this now though as you could argue that every game could affect your team so refs would only be allowed if their team is in a different league!!

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
                              Fair enough I suppose.

I remember reading a while back (sorry can't remember exact details) where referees have to declare which team they support and they are then not allowed to referee any match which directly affects that team. I think this may have been before the refs went full time in the PL though so that might have changed now. It would be extremely difficult to implement this now though as you could argue that every game could affect your team so refs would only be allowed if their team is in a different league!!
                              I take it all back. Cheating b*$tard. Him and the lino

Comment

Working...
                              X