Title Contenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title Contenders

Does it bother anyone that we aren't considered as possible title contenders this season? I've spoke to quite a few blokes at work, good mix of championship team fans and none of them think we'll even get close but could...maybe... scrape a play off spot. Also the general consensus around 606 etc is the same thing, we just aren't considered as a team to even worry about.

Do you think it's better than what it was like last season were people were mentioning us as being among the frontrunners because it means less pressure on the players and manager perhaps. Or do you think that it's really just a true reflection on the quality we have or are lacking in our squad.

I personally don't think we are title contenders due to the striker problem, however if we did sort that i truly believe we are better than most in this division.
    Last edited by NW9_RANGER; 03-08-2009, 03:42 AM.

It doesn't bother me at all, in fact I prefer it. As I have posted on numerous occasions we are the dark horse this season.

We are QPR
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

we are not title contenders at all.......so i would make the other people right.

maybe with the striker options rectified it could be a possibility.....but not as we are now.....10th for me this season.

Comment

I much prefer QPR not being one of the bookies favourates and honestly feel we will make the play offs at least this season.

Anyone who has seen us in pre season will know that we are a far more attacking side then when Sousa was in charge and hopefully this will allow all players to be able to express themselves a lot more and show what talant they have got,

Think Balanta will really come good as well though there is no denying that another striker would not go amiss.

Borrowdale has done nothing wrong either from what I have seen of him and before anyone starts this is not spin its my personal opinion and I suppose that I should mention once again that yes I would have given Sousa a bit more time and I did not agree with his sacking at the time.

Comment

A reading fan i know asked me "how are the rangers gonna do this season then"...I said "Im confident, think we have a solid defence, fantastic midfield, and some alright strikers, think we will do pritty well".....he knows a couple of other qpr fans and just said "cant understand why you guys are so confident"....

General consenses is we arnt gonna have a sniff, but thats only because most fans of other clubs havent a scooby about our team like we do.....

We will see, imo were gonna be up there.
          Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

id prefer to be underated than overated.

Comment

i prefer it - slightly less pressure. I honestly beleive we have a squad capable of the top 6 - and if we were strengthened at one or 2 - 3 at most positions, i dont see why we wouldnt be able to compete for the top 2. We have quality all over the park, and good quality on the bench - but in vital positions, such as up front - i feel we are too weak. If you were picking a fantasy football team - would you pick any of our strikers? I know i wouldnt.

Comment

I do think we are a frontman being short of a very good side. Barring injuries, natch.
                Taarabt, Buz or Vine can play in the hole behind the frontman.

The problem is the frontman. Magilton obviously is trying to mould Pat into doing it. If he can play the Heskey-like role he did for a spell before his injuries, then it might just about do. Of course Heskey is famed for not scoring goals.

Pellicori we have yet to see but that fabled 20-goal a season striker still eludes us.

Comment

I'm guessing Burnley were not fancied either, but look where they are. I would be happier with another striker as I think thats the last piece of the jigsaw.

Comment

I personally thing Agyemang gets way too much criticism, as hes not a bad player. I just think we have a lack of arial ability in the box, and someone who will poach goals. Agyemang will help create goals, and he will score a few himself - but when have you ever seen him score a header? We need a guy in the Adebola mould to attack the crosses. Apart from Helgusson, and maybe Pellicorri - we dont have any - and it doesnt look like either of these 2 will start

Comment

Prefer not to have all the hype. Fans don't expect too much and for that reason, when we do well it feels so much better.
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Doesn't care that much. Reality is what counts eventually.
                        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

I'm more than happy for people to under rate us, takes the pressure off! And if we as fans expect less we might actually get behind the players a little more and then who knows what can be achieved.

Comment

u

i reckon we could go up:electric_shock:

Comment

I have read fans posts on Cardiff, Blackpool, Reading, PNE, Derby, Leicester, Bristol City & Palace MBs in the past week fearing us and now outlining us as serious promotion candidates.

There is no smoke without fire

Comment

Working...
                              X