No announcement yet.

Booing individual players.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One point in partial defence of Joey - he was played on the right again. I know he hasn't been too great in the centre either but I thought we had tested to destruction the theory that Joey can play right-mid. He has been really terrible there every time. Think Hughes has to either put him in the centre or not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
      I wouldn't have booed him myself and think its wrong to boo our own players but I think the boy boys got there way and were instrumental in getting Barton replaced, I dont think MH would have taken him off (even though he was playing crap) had it not been for the fans. The fans were definitely lifted when Mackie replaced him and were our 12th man from then on. Yes we won and people talk about player power but last night it was 'fans' power.
      The booing was a signal for the manager to wake up too, how else do you let him know? That's the thinking that goes behind dissent, it's not nice but sometimes necessary. Just before that there were chants for buszaky which were a sign of fans' frustration with JB.

Comment

I do not boo players during the game or when they make an error. But i did Boo Barton off yesterday. Not the man but his performance and effort. His performance was abysmal. A disgrace even. His passion and desire look like they have gone and i cannot have that. Then the board went up with his number on it and he looked perplexed. He had the look of "How can i be taken off i am the best player on here " That was the catalyst for me and yes i booed him. Was i right or wrong? Still not sure. How can anyone clap him off after that performance though?! By doing that you are almost accepting how he played.

Now what i do know is that if Barton plays like he has in the past few games we will be in trouble and the team will struggle. Maybe this crowd reaction to him being subbed will spur him on and we will see the best of him which is a positive for QPR. He has already admitted he was woeful which is a positive and a surprise. The guy is a good player and is still our best midfielder by a mile. Hopefully this reaction will bring out the best in him.

Comment

Working...
        X