No announcement yet.

Booing individual players.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He played crap tonight but the booing was disgrace. Last 20 mins shows what can be done when we get behind players.

Comment

How much more is Barton on than Adel? He's paid more, so we should be entitled to expect more. Also, Barton appears to be the main reason Adel was kept out of the team under Warnock; he certainly hasn't been Adel's biggest fan since getting here and has spent time openly criticising Adel when he should have been looking at his own game.

He is supposedly much better than we're getting - why is that, Joey?

Comment

Originally posted by davman View Post
        How much more is Barton on than Adel? He's paid more, so we should be entitled to expect more. Also, Barton appears to be the main reason Adel was kept out of the team under Warnock; he certainly hasn't been Adel's biggest fan since getting here and has spent time openly criticising Adel when he should have been looking at his own game.

He is supposedly much better than we're getting - why is that, Joey?
        What's your point? There is no excuse in the world to boo a player every time he touches the ball.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Adels pass to zamora was great and zamoras lay off pass to taiwo ended with a perfect cross to Cisse .... And goal!
          Thats why we need adel - to make those slicing passes that gives our attack the edge.

Comment

Adel also took over corner duties...and we scored from a corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              Whoever does it, I don't care what player it is, kindly f*** off.

Only c***s do that.
              Really, I thought we were much better when JB was booed off, but I guess people like you would rather we lost the game and no one said ****.

Comment

Don't know what fans think they achieve by booing one of their own players, other than destroying their confidence and turn them into the nervous wrecks that we saw for the first half hour against Liverpool. When we got behind the players, we looked a different team. Was furious with this idiot booing Barton every time he touched the ball - yes Barton was rubbish, but what was the fan trying to achieve.

That said Barton has to take some of the blame. Talking himself up as a big time Charlie he has given the boo boys a rod to beat him with. Real test for him now whether he can take the criticism and turn it into a positive by working harder on his game.

Comment

[QUOTE=stainrodisalegend;830402]Don't know what fans think they achieve by booing one of their own players, other than destroying their confidence and turn them into the nervous wreck. /QUOTE]

In this case I hope that happens and he never wears the hoops again. After tonight, I cant see why any any person would want him to lead the team out at Sunderland.

Comment

Fans have said that about Adel, Mackie and countless other players after poor matches. Its not all about one game.

Comment

What are you all crying about ? ? ??? ? ? Barton finally gets taken off, gets the boos he deserves and we come back and win like that without him.... Pretty obvious whats happened. Barton is complete rubbish and the fans deserve to let him know that because we pay to watch him pass the ball to the opposition every week...

Comment

There was also the unsavoury chant of: "Are you Barton in disguise?" when one of the Liverpool players sent a cross sailing into the crowd.

I can understand people's frustrations, but booing one individual is neither the answer nor of any help. Personally, I would prefer those that feel inclined to behave like that, take him up on his offer to meet at the training ground and try to put their concerns across more reasonably. Doubt they do "face to face" though. Much easier surrounded by hundreds of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                          Whoever does it, I don't care what player it is, kindly f*** off.

Only c***s do that.
                          Thank You, well said! They pull on a Rangers shirt, you don't have to like them but booing our own is out of order IMHO!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by mat72 View Post
                            It's a bit embarrassing when your captain gets booed as he's walking off.
                            And we wonder why the players lack confidence..
                            Barton has never been our captain,
                            he's never performed like one,
                            He's neveracted like one
                            or treated his team and club as a captain should have done.....

He used to be an good player, but dont rate people living on reputations..sure what happens is right now.?

Comment

I wouldn't have booed him myself and think its wrong to boo our own players but I think the boy boys got there way and were instrumental in getting Barton replaced, I dont think MH would have taken him off (even though he was playing crap) had it not been for the fans.
                              The fans were definitely lifted when Mackie replaced him and were our 12th man from then on. Yes we won and people talk about player power but last night it was 'fans' power.
                              Queens Park Rangers
                              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Sorry totally disagree. When Barton went off you could see the team go up a gear,the football was flowing and not stalled by another Barton poor pass/pass/corner.... . IMHO Barton should be dropped and a proper Captain installed. I think Barton's ego trips himself up some times.

Comment

Working...
                                X