No announcement yet.

Was Flavio Briatore Correct in Saying..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Flavio Briatore Correct in Saying..

.. that spending big money does not always guarantee you success?

I remember when he first took over and he said that QPR were not going to spend big as it doesn't guarantee results and success. Looking at poor old Tony Fernades he has spent over £20m on transfers/wages/fees and even appointed his own manager on a whoppie £3m per year.

At lot of us confuse money spent with quality bought, was Flavio right all along and should Tony had been a little more wiser?

Remember the last chairman to do that was Chris Wright and he ended up in a mobile home with all the QPR fans turning on him...

Blame Warnock.

He signed Barton and SWP on silly money and they have failed to deliver.

Money that could have got some players who give to55 in.

Comment

players likes

barton
      swp
      young
      ferdinand
      cisse
      zamora

are the wrong fit for us as a new premier league club with limited income. we should have signed younger hungrier players from the fringes of premier league teams or the championship. easy to say in hindsight of course. I think Warnock wanted to take the chance to finally splash the cash on big names for once in his career while hughes had to panic buy with little time and lack of availability

Comment

I think Young Ferdinand Cisse and Zamora, as well as Traore have done really well so far, its Barton and SWP that are dissapointments, oh and Bothroyd

Comment

no flabio was not right because flabio is a fat useless orange ####!
          LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

oh you are so correct

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
              I think Young Ferdinand Cisse and Zamora, as well as Traore have done really well so far, its Barton and SWP that are dissapointments, oh and Bothroyd
              agree with that

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
                .. that spending big money does not always guarantee you success?

I remember when he first took over and he said that QPR were not going to spend big as it doesn't guarantee results and success. Looking at poor old Tony Fernades he has spent over £20m on transfers/wages/fees and even appointed his own manager on a whoppie £3m per year.

At lot of us confuse money spent with quality bought, was Flavio right all along and should Tony had been a little more wiser?

Remember the last chairman to do that was Chris Wright and he ended up in a mobile home with all the QPR fans turning on him...
                Nah, he was just being a tightwad.
                Every team that has won the premiership has had to spend big bucks in order to do so.
                Money can, has, does, buy you success.....eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
                  Blame Warnock.

He signed Barton and SWP on silly money and they have failed to deliver.

Money that could have got some players who give to55 in.
                  never heard anyone moaning when we got them tho mate-how was anyone to know how sithe they would be.
                  PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                    never heard anyone moaning when we got them tho mate-how was anyone to know how sithe they would be.
                    Yeah thats right Bush, just can't believe how bad they've been well some of them all pretty high profile which is what we as fans have been demanding,
                    at the time i was delighted.

F**ksake I'm depressed.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                      Been a major let down mate.

Talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                        Yeah thats right Bush, just can't believe how bad they've been well some of them all pretty high profile which is what we as fans have been demanding,
                        at the time i was delighted.

F**ksake I'm depressed.
                        have been on a total downer since half two yesterday. i seen us relegated from the old first division in the late 70's-the two relegations since and it still hurts as much now-dreading the time it becomes official.
                        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Bush agree , I was Obv going to city away last game now have decided to go to the far east instead with work don't want to be in the country that day, I know we will go down before but still don't want to be here then
                          My biggest fear is we et relegated at chelshit

Comment

Originally posted by rangerforevereastcote View Post
                            Bush agree , I was Obv going to city away last game now have decided to go to the far east instead with work don't want to be in the country that day, I know we will go down before but still don't want to be here then
                            My biggest fear is we et relegated at chelshit
                            i'm heading over for that game. if its confirmed before then i bet it will be a great atmosphere-strange i know but it would be typical rangers to go out singing their hearts out!!
                            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Working...
                            X