• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are there so many graduates stacking shelves at Tescos etc

Comment

Originally posted by SANDERSON8 View Post
      Because,for some strange reason,Labour declared that everyone should get the chance to go to university.

When really it should be for the top students,not some ##### who leaves with a pointless media studies degree and moans they can't get a job reading the news on the BBC.

Comment

Originally posted by SANDERSON8 View Post
        Because there is too few jobs, anywhere, anytime.

All that rubbish about "opportunities", "choices", and all the other establishment soundbites, are just that, rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
          I love comments like this. Everyone in this country has the chance of education, if you want to learn the opportunities are there. Trouble in this country is there are too many generations of families who believe everyone else owe's them something and don't give a flying fark.

Good job we have bankers earning fat wedge otherwise who else would put money into the state to keep all the dossers with a roof over their head and put food in there mouths.

As for us next season, with the board we have in place now I'm sure we wont be fleeced and they will want as many bums on seats as they can get to make it a good atmosphere.
          Never thought Id say this but I 100% agree with every word of this Dazzer
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
            Because,for some strange reason,Labour declared that everyone should get the chance to go to university.

When really it should be for the top students,not some ##### who leaves with a pointless media studies degree and moans they can't get a job reading the news on the BBC.
            Again, another post I agree with wholey

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
              Because there is too few jobs, anywhere, anytime.

All that rubbish about "opportunities", "choices", and all the other establishment soundbites, are just that, rubbish.
              Totally agree with everything, when i was in work i used to think 'why are there all these unemployed people, it's easy there are tons of jobs out there, if you want to work you can'

Well how i have changed my view.
              I have been out of work since the start of the year (apart from 1 week temping) and boy have i tried to get work, i have been to many interviews and apply for all kinds of jobs on a daily basis. So yes there are jobs but no one wants to employ you, what are they after?

Ok i'm in my late 40s but i have loads of experience in different fields and left school with 2 A levels (No uni's when i left school - well apart from Oxford & Cambridge).
              Youngsters seem to get degrees in anything and when jobs say they want someone who has a degree it pisses me off, what do they know about life.

I have just applied for my CSCS card so am hoping to do some site labouring for a while, as who knows what is round the corner?
              Queens Park Rangers
              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
                Totally agree with everything, when i was in work i used to think 'why are there all these unemployed people, it's easy there are tons of jobs out there, if you want to work you can'

Well how i have changed my view.
                I have been out of work since the start of the year (apart from 1 week temping) and boy have i tried to get work, i have been to many interviews and apply for all kinds of jobs on a daily basis. So yes there are jobs but no one wants to employ you, what are they after?

Ok i'm in my late 40s but i have loads of experience in different fields and left school with 2 A levels (No uni's when i left school - well apart from Oxford & Cambridge).
                Youngsters seem to get degrees in anything and when jobs say they want someone who has a degree it pisses me off, what do they know about life.

I have just applied for my CSCS card so am hoping to do some site labouring for a while, as who knows what is round the corner?
                Fair play to you mate. Wish you well in your job hunt, I really do.

Not sure where you live or anything and so might be totally useless to you but I work in Construction and the firm I work for use these agencies quite alot for labour, might be worth a look at signing upto them? Apologies if no good but will always try help out a fellow R !

http://www.alltekrecruit.com/

http://www.oneillandbrennan.com/

There is a couple more that I will get tomorrow at work, could only remember these 2 off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                  I love comments like this.
                  If everybody had a decent education, and I did by the way, what then?
                  Would there be enough of your opportunities to go around for everyone?
                  I would love it if everyone took the stock-in-trade capitalist advice, and got themselves educated, and then said, "right, where's those opportunities you spoke of?"

As for the bankers you're glad are earning too much, they're the barstewards who have brought this country to it's knees through the sort of sheer greediness we all once thought existed only in third world dictatorships.

Now we know it exists in Britain's boardrooms, it should be stamped out.
                  Well said mate.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    Fair play to you mate. Wish you well in your job hunt, I really do.

Not sure where you live or anything and so might be totally useless to you but I work in Construction and the firm I work for use these agencies quite alot for labour, might be worth a look at signing upto them? Apologies if no good but will always try help out a fellow R !

http://www.alltekrecruit.com/

http://www.oneillandbrennan.com/

There is a couple more that I will get tomorrow at work, could only remember these 2 off the top of my head.
                    Cheers Matty, much appreciated, i live in Sussex now but am willing to commute to wherever if it means working again, i'm hoping not to be sat around for much longer, plus i like being able to afford to go to games, even though i've got a season ticket i've even got to the stage where i can't afford the travel and costs for the day.

Queens Park Rangers

Comment

I could not have said that better myself this is exactly the problem with this country however people like myself who got educated at university studying proper degrees are laughing by comparison to those students who opted to take the easy way out with Mickey Mouse courses and watered down degree programmes.

I now find myself in a position within my industry due to New Labours policies on education there is a massive shortage of engineers at my level to the point whereby it is taking up to 8 weeks to find engineers with relevant experience to take up positions on projects. The reason for this was during the late 90s students opted for the easier way out and engineering degree courses saw a major shortfall of undergraduate placements being taken up.

On the plus side it means I won't ever be sure of a few Bob

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                        I could not have said that better myself this is exactly the problem with this country however people like myself who got educated at university studying proper degrees are laughing by comparison to those students who opted to take the easy way out with Mickey Mouse courses and watered down degree programmes.

I now find myself in a position within my industry due to New Labours policies on education there is a massive shortage of engineers at my level to the point whereby it is taking up to 8 weeks to find engineers with relevant experience to take up positions on projects. The reason for this was during the late 90s students opted for the easier way out and engineering degree courses saw a major shortfall of undergraduate placements being taken up.

On the plus side it means I won't ever be sure of a few Bob
                        Yeah.

Too many student's take pointless degrees,running up £30k of debt,and ending up flipping burgers at Maccy'd's.

I learnt a trade,panel beating,did it for 15 years.Made £30k+ back in the 90's in the golden days.

Now work in a warehouse but still take home nearly £400 a week with overtime.

Not bad considering i was kicked out of school at 14 and don't have a qualification to my name.

Comment

i know how some of you feel. ireland is still in a huge recession. i've been unemployed for nearly 2 years(apart from the odd day here and there) and with the building game not expected to recover in the next ten years i'm looking at a bleak future work wise. i had never been unemployed until now after 25 years working on sites. i recently applied for a visa for aussie but it would mean leaving the missus and kids for 6months until i find my feet-dreading having to make that decision and not sure if i could.
                          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Yeah.

Too many student's take pointless degrees,running up £30k of debt,and ending up flipping burgers at Maccy'd's.

I learnt a trade,panel beating,did it for 15 years.Made £30k+ back in the 90's in the golden days.

Now work in a warehouse but still take home nearly £400 a week with overtime.

Not bad considering i was kicked out of school at 14 and don't have a qualification to my name.
                            words that a lot of these new graduates don't get is .Hard graft
                            Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                              i know how some of you feel. ireland is still in a huge recession. i've been unemployed for nearly 2 years(apart from the odd day here and there) and with the building game not expected to recover in the next ten years i'm looking at a bleak future work wise. i had never been unemployed until now after 25 years working on sites. i recently applied for a visa for aussie but it would mean leaving the missus and kids for 6months until i find my feet-dreading having to make that decision and not sure if i could.
                              Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                              words that a lot of these new graduates don't get is .Hard graft
                              Same here Bush, i'd never been unemployed either, in 30 years and hoop67 they wouldn't know the meaning of the word.
                              Queens Park Rangers

Comment

Got to be honest I'm very lucky that I got a great job but I learnt it from bottem up and sm now reaping rewards as a director at my firm , my mortgage paid off etc
                                we got loads of people who apply to work for us and I never look at degrees more attitudes , too many cone in and say they wanna do what your doing not prepared to put the 20 years of Graft in , had a kid doing work experience who we've offered a job too cos he came in right attitude and what clinched was him prepared to make the tea without being asked for a supplier , he wasn't embarrassed or ashamed but desperate to get on the ladder

Comment

Working...
                                X