It Ain't Over Yet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Ain't Over Yet!

I admit that it doesn't look good for us at this point of the season. But I am trying to be positive here, and a little pragmatic.

And the fact is.......we are NOT relegated yet. Not even close, from a mathematical point-of-view.

Here are a few reasons that we just may be able to pull off the 'great escape':

1) We have just got Cisse back from suspension, and he has scored. That's 2 in 2.25 games for him.

2) None of the five teams in the so-called 'mini league' have a big points advantage. Okay, Blackburn now have 3pts on us, but that is easily eroded with 10 games and 30 points to play for.

3) Our Goal Difference is the much better than 3 of the five teams (plus, see point (1) above).

4) We have a habit of playing better against better opposition.

5) The four other teams in the 'mini-league' all have two other 'mini-league' matches to play in the run-in. That means guaranteed dropped points by one or other of our relegation rivals.

6) Our relegation rivals are yet to play the following 'high-profile' teams:

Blackburn: 4
    Wigan: 4
    Wolves: 3
    Bolton: 1

Add to that, point (5) above, and their run-ins aren't looking too clever, either.

7) Our next opponents, Liverpool aren't in the best form recently, and they play us away from home on a midweek evening, having already played 2 matches in the preceding 7 days. That has to give us a better chance than usual against them, doesn't it?

All I'm saying is, there are a lot of twists and turns to go yet, with 10 (more than a quarter) games to go this season.

Let's get behind the players and see where it gets us. If we were 5 or 6 points adrift, then I would be crying into my beer. But we have everything still to play for.

Finally, remember this......the other 4 teams down with us are there for the same reason. But, we 'supposedly' have a better squad. If they can get it together in the last ten, then we have every chance of survival.

U Rssss!
    Last edited by Minty; 11-03-2012, 11:55 AM.
    Be nice to Minty

I admit there is everything to play for and it isn't over until it is impossible, but on our current form it doesn't look good.

We may suddenly win at Liverpool, Arsenal and Stoke so who knows.

Comment

Our relentless bad luck will see us picking up more points, and likewise, so will our rivals, which means stalemate as the table stands.

Comment

Liverpool are only two points ahead of Everton and Everton are on form at the moment. We drew with Everton so on present form we should at least draw with Liverpool. Also are Liverpool more interested in winning the cup than the league. Hopefully Stoke will give them a hard match and draw.

Comment

Me thinks a surprise win may come against Liverpool or Spurs. Liverpool have lost 3 in a row away now so why not 4 (Oh yes, it's qpr say no more) and Spurs players seem to know that Harry is going and it has definitely unsettled the team.

Comment

Comment

vblockranger your just so positive buffon

Comment

Originally posted by SANDERSON8 View Post
                vblockranger your just so positive buffon
                isnt he a goalie?

Comment

Is that the best you can do

Comment

Originally posted by SANDERSON8 View Post
                    Is that the best you can do
                    lol

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                      isnt he a goalie?

Comment

only one place we are going! see my avatar!
                        LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Minty, thanks for trying to remain so convincingly positive.
                          Always outnumbered, never outgunned
                          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Of course we are not relegated yet and can still survive but to do so we have to win 4 of our final games and that is extremely unlikely,but obviously while there is a mathematical chance we can stay up,but our chances are very slim!

Comment

If we stay up it will be the greatest achievement in the club's history, bar none, given the fixtures we have left. I reckon our real chances are about 250-1, maybe more.

Comment

Working...
                              X