paddy kenny at fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DouDou_87 View Post
    Totally agree mate, he has been beaten by some good goals recently.

IMO anyone calling for Cerny to come in for Kenny must be mad or have a very short memory.

Granted Cerny played well at Anfield and Arsenal etc earlier in the season, but there wasn't much pressure on him and I'm still far from confident that he wouldn't make a mistake.

We should keep faith with Kenny, one of the players who was key to our promotion and hope the defence give him more cover in coming games.
    i think the everton goal was decent.. but kenny has been poor lately.
    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
    Lovejoy: "No?!"
    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
      i think the everton goal was decent.. but kenny has been poor lately.
      Won't disagree, he's certainly been below par, but so have most of our other players in all honesty.

I still think he should keep his place.

Comment

Anyone noticed that Paddy's form coincides with the return of Pukka Pies...

Said it jokingly on Saturday and Uncle Neil has gone
        http://mobro.co/dantashtic
        http://twitter.com/danarnie

Comment

Maybe Kenny's bum is not fully healed and stopping him making full blooded dives. He ain't been the same since that injury.

Comment

Paddy kenny hasn't played well since his injury even before that he wasn't great, the thing is this season he hasn't pulled any amazing saves unlike other keepers... Cerny was playing well and should be out keeper IMO

Comment

You watch Drenthe's goal again and you will see Paddy quite spritely get to his feet to complain to the players in front of him. Wish he dived down that quick.

But there was too much space for Everton after Taraabt lost the ball. Drenthe had time and space to pick his spot. We will punished time and time again.
              http://mobro.co/dantashtic
              http://twitter.com/danarnie

Comment

Kenny perhaps could have donme better in recent games, but I don't think recalling Cerny would solve any goalkeeping problems. He had good games against Liverpool and Arsenal, but wasn't that good against Norwich or WBA and I doubt he would be any better in forthcoming fixtures. He is still very suspect at crosses. QPR should have signed a keeper in January.

The solution now is to try and defend better, including closing down players quicker (Drenthe had too much time and space) Yakubu turned Ferdinand too easily, Jarvis easily beat Young etc, in order to offer a bit more protection to the keeper.

I'll blame Kenny when he drops the ball or lets one through his hands etc, not for being beaten by a well placed shot.

Comment

easy by wigan's keeper next year Al Habsi or something? very good keeper playing in a very poor side SIMPLE'SS

Comment

Kenny should now be used to the pace of the Premier League and expect shots from long range.Paddys starting position for the Everton goal was too close to his goaline and if he was on top of his game he would of been at least on his 6 yard line to cut the angle down resulting in a save !
                    I am sure Kevin Hitchcock is on his case and expect better things to come from Paddy.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                      Kenny perhaps could have donme better in recent games, but I don't think recalling Cerny would solve any goalkeeping problems. He had good games against Liverpool and Arsenal, but wasn't that good against Norwich or WBA and I doubt he would be any better in forthcoming fixtures.

The solution now is to try and defend better, including closing down players quicker (Drenthe had too much time and space) Yakubu turned Ferdinand too easily, Jarvis easily beat Young etc, in order to offer a bit more protection to the keeper.

I'll blame Kenny when he drops the ball or lets one through his hands etc, not for being beaten by a well placed shot.
                      A bit of common sense at last!!!

I can't believe we are giving out goalkeeping advice now too?!?! He's a solid keeper, he's had a bit of a dip in form (who hasn't?) and we will need him in these next 12 games.

Lets get behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                        Kenny perhaps could have donme better in recent games, but I don't think recalling Cerny would solve any goalkeeping problems. He had good games against Liverpool and Arsenal, but wasn't that good against Norwich or WBA and I doubt he would be any better in forthcoming fixtures. He is still very suspect at crosses. QPR should have signed a keeper in January.

Best post on the matter yet
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

There's a constant battle going on between strikers and goalkeepers trying to outwit each other, and it will never stop. Henri was the first player in the premier to continuously shoot low level daisy cutters to score goals. You can't dive to the ground, you can only drop onto the ball and get a hand to it. Then players started to shoot on the run with no obvious leg backlift.

Players now deliberately score with nutmegs, GK's can't close their legs quick enough. GK's leave a small gap at the near post now that needs pinpoint accuracy to score, so as to cover more of the far side of the goal. That's why you see more of those near post shots now.

The latest fad for strikers now is to shoot from behind a defender so the GK has less time to see the ball. So bear that in mind and check the replays before you start blaming GK's.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                            There's a constant battle going on between strikers and goalkeepers trying to outwit each other, and it will never stop. Henri was the first player in the premier to continuously shoot low level daisy cutters to score goals. You can't dive to the ground, you can only drop onto the ball and get a hand to it. Then players started to shoot on the run with no obvious leg backlift.

Players now deliberately score with nutmegs, GK's can't close their legs quick enough. GK's leave a small gap at the near post now that needs pinpoint accuracy to score, so as to cover more of the far side of the goal. That's why you see more of those near post shots now.

The latest fad for strikers now is to shoot from behind a defender so the GK has less time to see the ball. So bear that in mind and check the replays before you start blaming GK's.
                            Thanks Pele

Comment

i am

i am in disagreement with most of you,because i think that stop was unstoppable,because when the shot left the foot of the player the ball was hit with massive velocity that ball was really moving, plus the goalkeeper was unsighted which would have made that shot unstoppable,but throw another thing into the equation,that is the ball bounced just before the keeper, so it bounced vicously over his outstretched arms
                              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Working...
                              X