Four Year Plan on BBC2 tonight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My View

Have just watched the 4 year plan and these are my views.

1/ Amit is in love with QPR / He"s going nowhere.

2/ Flavio is a complete Lunatic / Dictator Well Rid.

3/ Bernie - It was all just a Hobby.

4/ Paladini - Loved the club but was a Foolish man.

5/ We have Great fans / Passion beyond Belief.

6/ Warnock took Average players from mid table to Champions - Legend.

7/ How far we have come in years.

Our Club is in Good Hands For The Future !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mittal will own the club within 2 years 100%

Some times i get frustrated but after watching this film i realise how much.

I Love QPR

The General.

Comment

Mittals will wait for TF to spunk his doe and buy us outright

Comment

Thought that was a great watch. It really brought home to me how much I love QPR.
        Every club should have a documentary made of their club.

Comment

Lump in my throat at the end.

Of this thread, not the film.

No seriously fantastic ending great to keep just for that.
          Queens Park Rangers
          NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

I know this is controversial to say but from watching the documentary, I felt a slight bit of gratitude for Flavio.

I know he's a tyrant and completely but we as a club were drifting aimlessly until he arrived.

Bit in the prograame where he's telling the team to become more nasty at the training camp and hogan is the only one to respond. Just thought Flavio tried I accept appallingly to bring across to our players a win at all cost mentality. He had no time for good performances or that we nearly scored, he just wanted goals and wins.

As to the managerial merry go round, what came across to me was the problem was not the constant firing, which we have to agree those managers should have gone. Flavios error was the hiring, such as Dowie, these were questionable decisions but were they really flavios? or others and when results didn't go our way, he made the call to sack.
            He wanted someone hard who could control what he saw as players who were not being pushed, that bit when Amit is on
            the phone and says we got Warnock, Flavio seems not to question it at all and seems to say well done and the rest is history.
            I just thought we were a club going nowhere and spiralling downwards with players that were comfortable almost like
            Coventry, Wednesday and forest, in comes Flavio and he kicks ####, suddenly everyone's nervous about their position and things change. As the prograame went on Amit who clearly is articulate and a people person was able to come more into
            the club and build on this sea change. Amit just came across as one amazingly top geezer but just think was Flavio the
            catalyst for change.

I accept the way he spoke about fans with the ten pound comments etc were appalling as were the price hikes, team meddling etc but in relation to getting us to the premiership he did have a postive influence something that was vacant
            from the previous decade. He also appeared completely bewildered by paladins explanation for the seriousness of the AF affair which was my best bit.

For him all he probably wanted was to get us into the premiership at any costs, to be fair to him it was achieved.
            Last edited by TBLOCKRANGER; 06-03-2012, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
              I loved the bit in the fans meeting when Legs was asked how its been over the last 3 years with all the comings and goings behind the scenes. He says "Well to be perfectly honest its been an absolute nightmare..." before Neil has to grab the mic from his hand.
              Not long after that,Legs was moved on!!!!
              I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                Mittals will wait for TF to spunk his doe and buy us outright
                Why do you think that? TF doesn't even have that much money for a Prem bank-roller and Big Mittal isn't really interested.
                twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Briatore is one fella I would not want to work for. No wonder Paladini was up his back side. Personalities came out clear to see, Briatore a controlling obsessive man and Paladini a gopher. Bless em all.

Comment

the truth about briatore

the truth about briatore ia what t block has said we all hate him for differant reasons i suppose i never forgave him for selling dexter blackstock

but let us compare ourselves with millwall back in the third division when clubs like us were getting 12 000 gates,they had the incredible 30 000 gates and everyone saw them with as much potential as west ham but there fans behavour was so attrocous that knowbody with money wanted anything to do with them

so we had one great man in gianni paladini who loved qpr with a passion he brought in the crazy briatore,who although insane he realised that he would fall in love with the club unless he made it a four year project,for him it was like taking heroine,it was incredibley addictive,incredible destructive,but he knew he could only make a profit if qpr hit the prem

we all love the mittals and tony fernandez but none of these would be here without paladini and briatore.
                    SO LIFE IS NEVER IDEAL
                    BUT WHAT THE CRAZY ITALIANS DELIVERD WAS REAL
                    AND NOW QPR ARE BRYLL
                    BECAUSE YES WE CAN STAY UP
                    AND NEXT SEASON WE WIN AN FA CUP
                    Last edited by qprted; 06-03-2012, 06:21 PM.
                    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

• There is one man who we all owe a great debt to. Arise Sir Amit...Mr QPR.

Comment

• yes

yes we all love sir amit but we also all ,love tony fernandez,and we all love neil warnock

but remember without gianni there would have been none of the above three

and love gianni or hate him his love for qpr was real you saw that at the end of the film when he cried hysterically at his dream been realised
                        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

• Watched it on iplayer last night, great viewing although cringeworthy everytime Flabio spoke. GP was out of his depth but Amit seems to be a decent fella.

Great scenes at the end after the title last season, what a season that was.

Oh and how many times was Pete in shot? I counted at least 4 maybe more
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• 4 Year Plan... Astonishing?!!

The most compelling bit of TV I've seen for a while.
                            To think I once liked Flav???!!!! My bad!!! What a c@ck.

Where can one find Bush Babes?

Comment

• In a nutshell, it highlighted Briatore's virtues:

His strong personality, charisma and winners mentality.

And his shortcomings:

Massive ego and sheer blindness to the fact that in footballing matters his knowledge was barely amateurish, yet even up to Warnock he proved utterly incapable of trusting his managers to simply get on with their job without constant interference.

Comment

• When Paladini came screaming into the dressing room at the end after finding out there will be no points deduction. Priceless! :drunk:
                                "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Working...
                                X