Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who remembers the Eeyore character from Winnie the Pooh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who remembers the Eeyore character from Winnie the Pooh?

A lot of them here it seems.

Whatever happened to this country's famed Dunkirk spirit?

Sure, give up when its mathematically impossible, but when its still in our own hands with all to play for, why chuck the towel in like some already want to?

"Yes but we're realists, not pessimists. Its our protection mechanism." cried Eeyore gloomily

"But in the face of adversity how easy is it to be a cynic and a pessimist, compared to being an optimist?!", protested Piglet.

"Come on you R'sss! :yush:" shouted Tigger.
    Last edited by Stanley; 28-02-2012, 10:51 AM. Reason: "spelling!" tutted Kanga.

''No point trying'' whispered Mystic Meg

Comment

what are you on about eeyore for? Perhaps you should have a lie down! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post

Sure, give up when its mathematically impossible, but when its still in our own hands with all to play for, why chuck the towel in like some already want to?

"Yes but we're realisits, not pessimists. Its our protection mechanism." cried Eeyore gloomily

"But in the face of adversity how easy is it to be a cynic and a pessimist, compared to being an optimist?!", protested Piglet.

Having a rediculously rubbish time at the moment. Trying hard not to get down. This helped a lot. I get it. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rieger View Post
          This helped a lot. I get it. Cheers.

Comment

i agree - but from the slightly delusional standpoint, rather than the logical anti-pessimism one.

my natural inclination is to view it as the glass being half empty. however, i just can't bear the grief of a relegation after last season's highs and the emotional leech that this season has turned out to be.

so i am happily not throwing the towel in until it's mathematically impossible for us to survive in the prem this season - but mainly because i am delusional and can't face the glass half empty right now.

my next game is bolton away and i'll be there cheering on the team with a rictus grin on my face.

come on you r's!
            come on you r's!

Comment

Originally posted by sirduncs View Post
              ...cheering on the team with a rictus grin on my face...
              I learn a new word every day, at first I thought it was a synonym of rectal but that did not seem right :=B:
              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

"Yes but we're realists, not pessimists. Its our protection mechanism." cried Eeyore gloomily

I had to click on the thread as i was curious, but i still haven't got a fkin clue what you're on about.
                Queens Park Rangers
                NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
                  I had to click on the thread as i was curious, but i still haven't got a fkin clue what you're on about.
                  Its no biggie. Just a little skit using the classic Winnie the Pooh characters to demonstrate that when faced with adversity it can be a lot easier (and feels much safer) to be a cynic and a pessimist rather than an optimist. Eeyore claims that its not pessimism, but realism. However he also has the insight to admit that this is only his self-protection mechanism if things were to eventually transpire as he cynically predicts.

Hope that helps

Comment

Its no biggie. Just a little skit using the classic Winnie the Pooh characters to demonstrate that when faced with adversity it can be a lot easier (and feels much safer) to be a cynic and a pessimist rather than an optimist. Eeyore claims that its not pessimism, but realism. However he also has the insight to admit that this is only his self-protection mechanism if things were to eventually transpire as he cynically predicts.

Hope that helps
                    F**kme i thought he was just a miserable donkey

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                      F**kme i thought he was just a miserable donkey
                      You know what, youre right. He was just a miserable donkey. Therefore he would not have had such self-awareness. That should have been the wise 'Owl' character to point out his flaw.

Comment

Stupid book, should have been a cool hamster character in there.
                        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                          Stupid book, should have been a cool hamster character in there.
                          There was, but Eeyore squashed him with his hoof when he was demonstrating his counting prowess.

Comment

Hope that helps
                            No, none the wiser but always thought he was an ass anyway.
                            Queens Park Rangers
                            NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

"Tussi! is this donkey´s name in the norwegian translation.

Could have been me these days...

Regarding QPR; I´m down, but not out.....very much down indeed.

But thanks for the reminder; and just to add- if we happen to get one point, there´s more to come.
                              Last edited by Shania; 28-02-2012, 07:13 PM.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X