No Movement from Strikers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Movement from Strikers

Were woeful yesterday. Like statues. Both Mackie and Zamora never moved. You look at the strikers for Fulham who were making runs all over the place. Even after 88 minutes they were making runs which led to Etuhu walking through a gaping hole.

Zamora and Mackie both want the ball with there back to goal into feet. Mackie has a terrible first touch so loses it and unless it is given inch perfect to Zamora he is not moving to get it. It is why Tarbs walked past them 4 or 5 times and ended up shooting himself. I know people say our midfield was awful yesterday but they had nothing ahead of them. We had the ball so many times in decent areas but we had to end up going sideways or losing it because nobody moved. The one time Mackie moved he created a great chance. Same with a bit of movement from SWP and his chance.

Also if we are just going to lump it forward 40 yards from free kicks we need Helguson or even Bothroyd up top to win headers. Zamora wants to chest it all the time and makes all these centre backs look world class.

Cisse is needed big time.

Blame the manager for that. Does he know what his coaching team does?
    Last edited by Olly; 26-02-2012, 01:16 PM.

Comment

I bet they are all afraid of Barton.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
        I suspect there's more truth in that than people will admit.
        Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
          well they don't seem to be doing much by way of calming him down

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
            I suspect there's more truth in that than people will admit.

So do I!!
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

cisses goals will keep us up
              WEST COUNTRY RANGER

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
                well they don't seem to be doing much by way of calming him down

Would you have dared to confront him vocally?

QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by frapps View Post
                  cisses goals will keep us up

Yes, he promised us that!!
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Do not underestimate the difference two attacking full backs make to the team.

Young and traore.

Comment

Originally posted by ZANNEYQPR View Post
                      Do not underestimate the difference two attacking full backs make to the team.

Young and traore.
                      Defence looked a lot better earlier in the season with these two.
                      If we had them and Anton with Nedum in the centre, it would be a lot better, I think.
                      Nedum isn't a right back, doesn't look comfortable positionally.
                      Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Taiwo benched or in midfield then??
                        Last edited by Shania; 26-02-2012, 02:04 PM.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Whole team needs to be in tune. Easy to blame strikers but players behind them need to be able to ping it up quickly/accurately. It must be a nightmare up front wondering exactly when SWP or Adel will finally release the ball.... we have to get the ball moving forwards much quicker with swift one-touch passing sweeping up the field- hoofing it or dribbling it is not working.

Comment

Originally posted by PedalR View Post
                            Whole team needs to be in tune. Easy to blame strikers but players behind them need to be able to ping it up quickly/accurately. It must be a nightmare up front wondering exactly when SWP or Adel will finally release the ball.... we have to get the ball moving forwards much quicker with swift one-touch passing sweeping up the field- hoofing it or dribbling it is not working.

But we/they did manage that in the first few matches of the season.
                            But as you point out; during the last matches it seems like only a few of the players stick to the gameplan, whatever it is.

The absence of Faulin has really cost us dearly. We have still not found a constructive and balanced formation in midfield without him in the team IMHO.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

We only played with 1 up front. Mackie was stuck out wide for most of it.

The lack of movement from midfield is more of a worry. All we seem to do is pass it across and around the area. Nobody making runs to split the defense.

The 2 times we did we should have scored.

Comment

Working...
                              X