Are we all equal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we all equal??

Ok here goes.I'm not looking for trouble or trying to cause a row in anyway.
    I just want to ask some questions.
    We have had a thread closed because at least one person was thinking of leaving.Is this person very important?....Does this mean if one or two people
    disagree with something they can get their own way, and force their views on others?
    I don't have a problem with Kirill,MYU or any mod on here, and they have been very fair, and helpful with me.......All remarks can be viewed as derogatory,but
    those were as i said to Brighton, at the time just having a laugh.
    I know i'm always on what seems to be the opposing side on these things,
    the reason for this is..........no!... before you think it.... it's not because I'm Homophobic,racist,bigotted, tallist, shortist, gingerist etc, it's because i don't like people telling me what i can and can't say.
    Are there some posters more important than others?
    I actually enjoy questioning Stainrodisalegend,Deepcut about their views, because i don't think they're right on some things so enjoy the debate.

Sorry for the higgledy piggledy nature of my posts i'm no journo
    Last edited by QPRDave; 22-02-2012, 09:02 PM.

Anyone would think this is a forum, where people debate. You're bang out of line mate....

Comment

leighsie is only 5 feet five thus he is inequal!
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
        Anyone would think this is a forum, where people debate. You're bang out of line mate....
        Sorry!

Comment

If you want this forum to be busy, vibrant and flourish you have to accept a broad base of opinions AND not cause upset or distress to it's members. Given we all have a love of Rangers in common I can't really see a need to either consciously or unconsciously disaffect people by stridently banging on about anything.
          My honest opinion is that there are no bigots on here... just some wind-up merchants who like "pressing buttons". However, I reckon they should up their game and not resort to crass "Gaylord" stuff... be a bit more imaginative.

Comment

Originally posted by PedalR View Post
            If you want this forum to be busy, vibrant and flourish you have to accept a broad base of opinions AND not cause upset or distress to it's members. Given we all have a love of Rangers in common I can't really see a need to either consciously or unconsciously disaffect people by stridently banging on about anything.
            My honest opinion is that there are no bigots on here... just some wind-up merchants who like "pressing buttons". However, I reckon they should up their game and not resort to crass "Gaylord" stuff... be a bit more imaginative.
            calm down calm down calm down!!!
            you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

good question but i think the point being made was
              - one person has threatned to leave and is a good poster.

i don't think the mods were expressing that: "loads of people had complained and some threatned to leave, but one of them was a good poster so we've considered their opinion"
              think it was more: "several complaints and one person has voice opinion to quite. they happen to also be a very respected poster"

a slight difference with regards to wording.

i personally do think there are some posters who are more valuable than others. some create debate, open up some good threads, post insightful comments.
              on a personal level i just enjoy reading and giving the odd opinion but i know full well there are people on here with more knowledge, so value their opinion more - even though i may not agree with it.

all imo though....!

Comment

In my opinion, whoever the person that's considering leaving is, needs to accept this isn't work where you can get sacked to the extent of losing your complete livelihood, for saying what you truly feel. If you don't like that persons opinion move on. Don't open that thread again where you know the topic of delicate nature is, or just make yourself thicker skinned. As soon I opened the "gay" thread, which was 4 pages long, I knew I wouldn't get past page 2 before someone gave an honest account that would offend someone. So, they should have known too.
                Last edited by Rich; 22-02-2012, 09:26 PM. Reason: spelt known wrong...dufus

Comment

Not because of any one particular poster, that's for sure. Goes wider.
                  Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                  but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                  http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                    Ok here goes.I'm not looking for trouble or trying to cause a row in anyway.
                    I just want to ask some questions.
                    We have had a thread closed because at least one person was thinking of leaving.Is this person very important?....Does this mean if one or two people
                    disagree with something they can get their own way, and force their views on others?
                    I don't have a problem with Kirill,MYU or any mod on here, and they have been very fair, and helpful with me.......All remarks can be viewed as derogatory,but
                    those were as i said to Brighton, at the time just having a laugh.
                    I know i'm always on what seems to be the opposing side on these things,
                    the reason for this is..........no!... before you think it.... it's not because I'm Homophobic,racist,bigotted, tallist, shortist, gingerist etc, it's because i don't like people telling me what i can and can't say.
                    Are there some posters more important than others?
                    I actually enjoy questioning Stainrodisalegend,Deepcut about their views, because i don't think they're right on some things so enjoy the debate.

Sorry for the higgledy piggledy nature of my posts i'm no journo
                    Always happy to debate my position on any number of subjects.

We have to remember however, that we are having our discussions in a public forum, effectively the equivalent of someone else's house or business.

We all curb our language and behaviour dependent on where we are and whose company we're in , why should that be different on this board? Anyone can view these pages, and if the owners/mods want to keep the conversation civil, then that's their call, not ours.

People are fully capable of dealing with these contentious subjects without the nastier of the name-calling (although someone accusing me of being a Range Rover driver wasn't a massive insult, despite it's intent I wish....).

Wouldn't want anyone to leave this board, I really enjoy the debate, and the (gentle) ribbing that goes back and forth, despite being diametrically opposed to some people's views on a lot of social matters (and the perceived level of effort that Adel puts in )

Comment

Are all posters on here equal?
                      Well, I find it's a wee bit like George Orwell's "Animal Farm", where all the animals were equal, except, some were more equal than others.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                        Not because of any one particular poster, that's for sure. Goes wider.
                        I'm guessing those that contacted you weren't offended but were worried for those that would be offended. So my justification about stands

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
                          good question but i think the point being made was
                          - one person has threatned to leave and is a good poster.

i don't think the mods were expressing that: "loads of people had complained and some threatned to leave, but one of them was a good poster so we've considered their opinion"
                          think it was more: "several complaints and one person has voice opinion to quite. they happen to also be a very respected poster"

a slight difference with regards to wording.

i personally do think there are some posters who are more valuable than others. some create debate, open up some good threads, post insightful comments.
                          on a personal level i just enjoy reading and giving the odd opinion but i know full well there are people on here with more knowledge, so value their opinion more - even though i may not agree with it.

all imo though....!
                          Thankyou NW10 apologies for mis-wording my post.Yes can see ther is a difference in what you have said.
                          Still don't think we should have it closed on the basis of some few, throwing their toys out the pram.

Comment

facto, my dong is 5 ft 5
                            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                              In my opinion, whoever the person that's considering leaving is, needs to accept this isn't work where you can get sacked to the extent of losing your complete livelihood, for saying what you truly feel. If you don't like that persons opinion move on. Don't open that thread again where you know the topic of delicate nature is, or just make yourself thicker skinned. As soon I opened the "gay" thread, which was 4 pages long, I knew I wouldn't get past page 2 before someone gave an honest account that would offend someone. So, they should have known too.
                              Good post Rich,I'm not advicating that we use Nazi style language towards
                              any of these subjects, I know there has to be a line we can't cross,
                              but it wasn't that bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X