Our New 'Width' formation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our New 'Width' formation

Last night when Routledge and Ramage had the ball on the right, Balanta and Connolley were on the opposite touch line and vice-versa. This system that JM looks like he is implemented will really benefit our ball playing midfielders, but it has its drawbacks, as it means we will have one out and and striker, unless they go with three central defenders.

What ever way we play it, we now have the perfect mix of pace, muscle and brains to work this system well.

It will open the pitch up to create more space and as you say, benefit our ball players for that reason, not to mention create a bigger hole for Routledge or Buz (if played wide) to cut in and cause damage, especially Buz onto his right for a piledriver.....

It used to annoy me in the past that our wide men would get sucked in and we'd have practically everyone congested in a space not much wider than the centre circle.

Comment

Swansea play the same way, no matter where the ball is their wingers hug the touchline.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
        Last night when Routledge and Ramage had the ball on the right, Balanta and Connolley were on the opposite touch line and vice-versa. This system that JM looks like he is implemented will really benefit our ball playing midfielders, but it has its drawbacks, as it means we will have one out and and striker, unless they go with three central defenders.

What ever way we play it, we now have the perfect mix of pace, muscle and brains to work this system well.

I don't understand are you saying the wide players don't drop inside so as to allow the central midfielders more space thus spreading the ball more?

Comment

Yes kinda

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
            Yes kinda
            Bit like we use to play under Gerry Francis then

Comment

Morris I don't think that will be the case now Paulo loser is there.
              He will move them in like he did with Cook who is all about great crosses into the box
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

W12_Ranger - What is your point

Comment

yeah watch him Paul he can be trouble

Comment

when going forward, Magilton seems to like the right and left backs going forward.
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Well that is a worry because Ramage is useless once over the halfway line and I have seen better crossers of the ball in sunday league...still nice man though

Comment

Pointless having a right footed left back that cant cross on the run then, isn't it.

Comment

Connelly should be in the middle I just hope we find a decent left back so he can play his best position

Comment

Pete - Re "when going forward, Magilton seems to like the right and left backs going forward"
                            if Ramage was bombing down the right wing, how many defenders are left at the back ?

Comment

Well it could work but your defence mid drops off and depending what side either gorrks or hall/connelly cover. saying that I can't see it working. You can play that way if you have 3 centre backs but then you have wingbacks so interesting point. I would like them to overlap but ramage isn't good enough and WR can't defend

Comment

Working...
                              X