Can we afford...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
    OK - so where did you get that from? I would be intersted in knowing the basis for that number.

If you are referring to the suggested value of getting to the PL being somtimes said to be worth £80M by some media outllets - then they are talking about the value of parachute payments as well...and a loose estimate of other spin off revenues.

Them PL is worth ~£37m then an increase by placing. That number is then cut in half by the taxman.
    I got it from that below

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13588118

Comment

yes, that is the value of getting promoted - it includes the parachute payments. It is not an annual revenue. It also assumes higher gates and ticket price increases. Our stadium and already high prices rather limit our opportunities there.
      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

A resounding NO to the original question.

The 2 figures quoted above for Premiership income are also misleading.

£37M & £90M

Nearer £45-50M per season.
        This includes TV rights, Sponsorship and Prize money (on where you finish - 20th still get £750k !) - Then there's our own Sponsorship, Merchandise and S/T & Gate money. all of which will be small change compared to most other Prem clubs. (Wigan excluded !)

The balance taking it up to £90M (around £48M) would be once you leave the Prem, in parachute payments over 4 years £16M, £16M, £8m, £8M then nothing.

Capish ?

Comment

let tony and Mittal family worry the club finances, tony would not of bought the club if he cant afford it.

It clear Tony want to rebuild the club top to bottom and may well sell it to the Mittal family

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
            Let the board do their job and manage the books.
            Agree.
            At this moment in time, I have no reason whatsoever to doubt our board.

Comment

Originally posted by w12dave View Post
              let tony and Mittal family worry the club finances, tony would not of bought the club if he cant afford it.

It clear Tony want to rebuild the club top to bottom and may well sell it to the Mittal family
              Exactly.
              In my opinion, the average Briton, is to financial probity, what Dr.Crippen was to a good beside manner.

Comment

Working...
              X