Can we afford...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we afford...

...the transfer fees and wages we're committed to without our benefactors, and when they go, as inevitably they will at some point, how are we gonna service the debt?

of course w ecant

think a 16-5 k attendnce any hellp whatsoever

if we didnt have a benefactor wed be languishing in the bottem of he championship

Comment

Terry me old china... Staying in the league is a must mate. People will dub us the new portsmouth but the fact we have 3 very big names in charge of us makes me confident.. Phillip Beard is a very very clever man with a lethal cv.. Amit and tony fernandes.. We will be fine.. You need money to make money
      http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Let the board do their job and manage the books.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry-Mancini-123 View Post
          ...the transfer fees and wages we're committed to without our benefactors, and when they go, as inevitably they will at some point, how are we gonna service the debt?
          Same concerns could be shared with Man city , Chelsea , Leicester etc but we aren't having the debt set as a burden against the clubs assets they stated.

Anyway you can't enjoy life if you worry about dying all the time.

Comment

Of course we can't. That's why survival is paramount. Why is it inevitable that they will go?
            Ok if you mean in many years time, they might but will want to sell to equally rich investors?
            And my guess is in the medium term the plan is to become more successful, secure in this league and in a stadium capable of housing larger numbers for when we attract a new fan base through being a successful club.
            Obviously there must be some plans to comply with the forthcoming FIFA financial regulations but in Fernandes we are talking about a bloke who build a budget airline out of 2 obsolete aircraft and now has a fleet of liners in the sky making him millions. The same process is taking place with the Caterham project and Rangers is already coming up on the rails.
            Self sustainable now, not a hope in hell but give it 3-5 years and as long as the team delivers on the pitch we will be competing with the Red Bull/Renault, McLaren-Mercedes and Ferraris of the football world.
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

IF we stay up. I can't see much money being spent again..

Comment

Agree about the money to make money bit Mellow, but what's in it for them?
                These guys built business empires by being shrewd with money, they're down a right few quid now and growing by the week, can't see where the return is; maybe that's why I'm down here and they're up there....

Comment

Mittal is not committing his vast money to QPR. TF has limited resources. Being in the PL is worth ~£37m per season.

We need to clear any outstanding debts and start operating within that + other revenues. That means:

1. build a squad to stay up (hopefully tick that one off)#
                  2. Invest pudently in summer to progress
                  3. Build revenue streams

We CANNOT afford to rely on benefactors as TF has already said he will walk if it doesn't work out..... the other examples given have no such axe hanging over their heads.
                  twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Hobby I guess... You can count on one hand which clubs make a profit.. I suppose its a big challenge.. If we stay up and conquer a market in the far east, who knows where the club could go.. We got to start somewhere.. These people love the publicity.. Amits passion for the club makes me think he wouldn't put the club in jeopardy

Comment

90 million pound for being in the premiership every season might have something to do with it
                      Last edited by w12dave; 02-02-2012, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry-Mancini-123 View Post
                        Agree about the money to make money bit Mellow, but what's in it for them?
                        These guys built business empires by being shrewd with money, they're down a right few quid now and growing by the week, can't see where the return is; maybe that's why I'm down here and they're up there....
                        I think their long term strategy is to develop our Asian links and develop our brand their. If they can get a couple of asian players as good quality premiership players the interest and monies coming from countries like India could be immense. It's such a huge emerging economy that's been virtually untapped in the sense of Having their own football heroes.

So they are looking at a long term strategy is my belief it is being well run and well managed but football has so many imponderables that they ate still keeping the expenditure well within their purse levels.

I don't believe for one moment that much of this money is coming from TF as it would make such a large dent in his financial pot but for LM
                        It's pocket money

Comment

The Mittal family will buy Tony out one day, I am sure of it

Comment

I've said it before

A football club is tremendous advertising to anyone that does business in Asia which is the Premier League's biggest viewers in terms of population and marketing spending.

Mittal and Fernandes all do business there and can use the club for advertising their brands, it will actually save them money longterm

Comment

Originally posted by w12dave View Post
                              90 million pound for being in the premiership every season might have something to do with it
                              OK - so where did you get that from? I would be intersted in knowing the basis for that number.

If you are referring to the suggested value of getting to the PL being somtimes said to be worth £80M by some media outllets - then they are talking about the value of parachute payments as well...and a loose estimate of other spin off revenues.

Them PL is worth ~£37m then an increase by placing. That number is then cut in half by the taxman.
                              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                              X