Our worst game this season tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ILTA View Post
    This was an awful performance and I have great difficulties to single out someone who had a good game. There was something really wrong how the manager set this up. We were so lucky with the 2 goals we scored which gave us this point. But 1 point away from home is not enough anymore. Compared to this game we are bound to have better game on saturday.
    Since when was a point away from home not good enough.... You are seriously deluded to have that opinion.

Let's look at the facts...
    • We had injuries galore so had people playing that weren't in the 25 man squad a few weeks ago
    • 2 debutants in the back 4, which is never easy
    • Another debutant up front
    • 3 of our top players unavailable due to African cup
    • Zamora not available due to signing too late
    • Villa played very well, possibly their best performance at home this season

So all in all, it was a very, very good point to have taken. Besides the old saying goes, if you can play badly and still take something from a game, that's a good sign.

Comment

Ive just arrived home from Villa, and this thread has proper annoyed me,
      We bossed this game for the first 25mins ,
      then Villa came back all guns blazing , and they were a very very good side. Much better then the villa team that came to LR earlier this season , and we still left with a point , which could be the difference between staying up or going down .
      Mackie had a good game, Tawio had an excellent debut , Cisse scored on his, even Hulse did everything that was asked of him , and your moaning for f ucks sake .
      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

I wonder if the OP would have had a different view had we come back from 2-0 down to draw. Yes, I'm a bit upset we drew from having a two-goal advantage, but would have happily taken a point at the start.
        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Villa = good team, set up, trainning together for a while, at home, 30k people backing them in the ground
          QPR = new team, loads of players in and out over the past week (some squad members have actually had to say goodbye to some close friends and welcome people they've never seen before), awful run, floating above the drop, away from home, injuries.

2-2? I will take that any day of the week - including Christmas fking Day.

Comment

Seriously this was not the worst performance by a mile. I would say a decent gutsy performance against a very good Villa team.

Roll on Saturday
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Cissé was top class.....cant remember we have had that kind of firepower since Sir Les.

Ferdinand was top class defender - he has really been a major signing for us so far.

Rest of the team was running their socks off to keep up with a very good passing Aston Villa.

Worst players of the evening for me was Mackie (4 yards ffs) and Hulse (omg does he even care???).

Comment

Was an odd game sitting there watching as even at 2 0 I was not convinced we would win it. However driving up there for the match I would have taken a draw so cant grumble too much.

We just needed to take a bit more care with the ball 2nd half and engage them a little earlier and we would have seen that game out

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                  then Villa came back all guns blazing , and they were a very very good side. Much better then the villa team that came to LR earlier this season , and we still left with a point , which could be the difference between staying up or going down .
                  Mackie had a good game, Tawio had an excellent debut , Cisse scored on his, even Hulse did everything that was asked of him , and your moaning for f ucks sake .
                  Got in around 1am this morning and didn't go on here, just as well by the look of this thread!

Agree with most of this Vespa, but not the bit about Taiwo. He didin't look match fit, looked off the pace and lost his man too many times, however, we did see enough glimpses to see that he'll come good once he used to the pace of the premiership.

Can't understand a lot of our fans, walking out last night loads of people moaning and groaning, we looked good considering who was in our line-up and nowhere near our best eleven.
                  22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Yes long balls was the main problem which also was the main reason Aston Villa had 70% of the ball. We have the players to keep the ball on the ground but I guess Warnocks tactic is still shining through.
                    That said - Villa played barcelona like passing at times yesterday (YES barcelona). I am not sure whether or not we made them better by being too loose in our markings. I am quite surprised we did not try and slow them down by a couple of hard tackles. Besides Mackies headless chicken tackle I did not see any.

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                      Spot on mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post
                        Got in around 1am this morning and didn't go on here, just as well by the look of this thread!

Agree with most of this Vespa, but not the bit about Taiwo. He didin't look match fit, looked off the pace and lost his man too many times, however, we did see enough glimpses to see that he'll come good once he used to the pace of the premiership.

Can't understand a lot of our fans, walking out last night loads of people moaning and groaning, we looked good considering who was in our line-up and nowhere near our best eleven.
                        Well I think we would have won it if we had gotten to the interval with the 0-2. They would not have come out with the same momentum but that is hypothetical of course.
                        I am very happy with a point - but I guess you are never celebrating a draw after being 2-0 up after 44 mins

Comment

Working...
                        X