Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positives/ negatives

POSITIVES:

Cisse looks class but too often tonight was on his own because he is too fast for his own team - can't wait to see him feed off Zamora's knock downs

Onouha looks very assured and gives us just the muscle we need in central defence

I'm not a fan but fair play Mackie looked gd on the ball tonight (his miss aside)

OK so we lost a 2 goal lead but they had 70% possession, something like 23 shots and half a dozen penalty appeals including a stone-waller when it hit Derry's raised arms

Barton had a good-ish game

Sets us up brilliantly for Wolves

Bottom three have all lost over the last two days

The Canaries aren't singing tonight

Hulse wasn't actually embarrassing

NEGATIVES

Taiwoo may come from AC Milan but Clint Hill would have stopped some of those crosses. We seem to have another full back like Traore who wants to bomb forward which is great but ONLY IN POSSESSION - OTHERWISE GET BACK. Sure Hughes will work on that tho.

We badly need Adel/ Buz/ Diakte/ someone just to put their foot on the ball in the centre of the park and get some ball retention going. Hopefully we will have that against Wolves.

OVERALL

Wd have bitten your arm off for a point before the game with all the players we have out. I mean look at our bench tonight. On balance a point gained not two dropped imho.

Not a bad assessment there.

Comment

Totally agree , was all about not losing tonight, guys joined yesterday had
      No Time to train yesterday , tonnes of players out with Zamora Adel traore back for sat (hopefully) hopefully buzz back and when diakite to come looking promising

Think our cb pairing looks good enough against most of the teams in pl , think we're ok, just as a point Hughes never won at villa park before

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        POSITIVES:

Cisse looks class but too often tonight was on his own because he is too fast for his own team - can't wait to see him feed off Zamora's knock downs

Onouha looks very assured and gives us just the muscle we need in central defence

I'm not a fan but fair play Mackie looked gd on the ball tonight (his miss aside)

OK so we lost a 2 goal lead but they had 70% possession, something like 23 shots and half a dozen penalty appeals including a stone-waller when it hit Derry's raised arms

Barton had a good-ish game

Sets us up brilliantly for Wolves

Bottom three have all lost over the last two days

The Canaries aren't singing tonight

Hulse wasn't actually embarrassing

NEGATIVES

Taiwoo may come from AC Milan but Clint Hill would have stopped some of those crosses. We seem to have another full back like Traore who wants to bomb forward which is great but ONLY IN POSSESSION - OTHERWISE GET BACK. Sure Hughes will work on that tho.

We badly need Adel/ Buz/ Diakte/ someone just to put their foot on the ball in the centre of the park and get some ball retention going. Hopefully we will have that against Wolves.

OVERALL

Wd have bitten your arm off for a point before the game with all the players we have out. I mean look at our bench tonight. On balance a point gained not two dropped imho.
        There's the thinkin

Comment

I think Taiwo needs to "aclimatize" to our game, looked a bit lost,and agree Clint would have closed down and stopped some of those crosses.
          But we hung on in there and grabbed a point, when we probably didn't deserve it.

Comment

Agreed. A point away at Villa with that team is a decent result.

Comment

I would suggest that Barton made too many unforced errors and lacked delivery from his corners but otherwise i agree with most said.

Comment

Yeah Taiwo improved somewhat 2nd half, was dropped in at the deep end a bit tonight!

Zamora will make a massive difference as he's so good at holding the ball up, him and Cisse could work well as a pairing.

Think Diakite could be the key signing, as we are really lacking someone in the centre of midfield to win the ball back. Derry was superb last season but he's not up to the Prem.

We should have a lot more quality on the bench in future weeks as well we had nothing really tonight, just a shame Faurlin is injured as he could have really shone with some better players around him!

We've got a lot of players out and I think most would have been happy with a point before the game so it's definitely a point gained!

Comment

Originally posted by yugohoop View Post
                  I would suggest that Barton made too many unforced errors and lacked delivery from his corners but otherwise i agree with most said.
                  His second corner was good but the first one again failed to clear the first man - one of my pet hates. Its annoying when you are playing in the park but in the prem league?

Re his passing I know it wasn't always brilliantl but in fairness he was often about the only one there in midfield. He looked up and there was just no one in space to pass to. Hopefully that will now improve with better players around hiim.

Comment

Originally posted by yugohoop View Post
                    I agree thought Joey was poor

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                      I agree thought Joey was poor
                      I agree i thought Joey was poor tonight to many sloppy passes but derry gave him no support in midfield what so ever its like your dad playing in a team with your mates so slow and looks half asleep.

Comment

Always hard when you're on your own against a very good side but some of his passes had nothing to do with support play. Just sloppy! Must give credit to him for his coverage though, again most ground covered but then again if he didn't give the ball away so much maybe he wouldn't have to run so much to get the ball back.
                        Last edited by yugohoop; 02-02-2012, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjack92 View Post
                          I agree i thought Joey was poor tonight to many sloppy passes but derry gave him no support in midfield what so ever its like your dad playing in a team with your mates so slow and looks half asleep.
                          Yeah fair point jack,we were over run a little tonight, although i will concede villa looked really good with Petrov, Clarke,and Ireland, interchanging and making runs all over the place

Comment

Great point tonight, we have 5-6 players to come back into that side, Diakite, Buz, Zamora, Traore, Adel, and our top scorer, all bodes well.
                            Kept the faith!

Comment

Tonight made me worry a little that we should have got another midfielder in. We should be alright but it's placing just that bit too much faith in Diakite being great and being great right away for my liking.

You could see Zamora with his hold-up play acting almost like another midfielder I suppose.

Disappointed to see SWP still on the left. Although by midway through the second half I'd forgotten he was on the pitch entirely.

One other thing - Villa played very well tonight but let's not kid ourselves that they're a great side. They've been pish for most of the campaign. Our wounds were self-inflicted to a large degree.

Comment

Working...
                              X