No announcement yet.

SWP Come on .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SWP isn't the player he once was- his main asset at City and Chelsea was his pace, which he seems to have lost about 5 yards of.

Hopefully with better players around him he can hit some form again.

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
      JGHoops - I think we understand he is low on confidence, but if lack of confidence impacts your game to that extent then you are a liability. Players deal with it differently, if he can't complete a 5 yard pass because he isn't feeling confident then he isn't a very good player IMHO as he cannot deal with one of the fundamantals of being a professional.
      How many 5 yards passes has he made? Lets not forget he has scored this season (all be it a unjustly discounted goal). I am not saying he is having a wonderful season, far from it. However I think that there are other players, performing well below SWP in the team. I just don’t understand why he gets the brunt of some ppls frustrations when he has, more than others, to contend with. I am trying to point out that he is not getting a fair crack of the whip.

As I said before, maybe you guys dont play sports ....... some players are confidence players. This does not make them any worse or better because of it, it certainly does not make them more or less professional. Look at Derry for a start, he gives the ball away and he cant pass the ball 5 yards, but yet he is playing is his correct position. What’s his excuse? Nothing, so start your moaning with players like that.
      =============================
      You can't take your first post back!

Comment

Originally posted by JGHoops View Post
        When you play on the wrong side, of course it will affect your confidence. That will then effect the ability to do the simple things. I am not sure if any of you play sports, but everything becomes hard (even simple basic things) when your lacking in confidence.

As for a previous comment saying he does not play well when in his position, how many times has SWP started on the right? I would guess no more than twice.

For Mackie, i am not sure what he gives the team. What is he there for if he lacks in the final third, not to sure i have heard of a defencive/holding RW before?

I disagree that SWP and Mackie will be benched, one has to play on the right. Personally i hope its SWP. He adds something we dont have anywhere else and thats pace.
        i'm sorry but i've played football for donkeys and i never had an issue when being played out of position. obviously if your a centerback(which i am) who is asked to play on the wing, nobody will expect you to skin anybody.. but swp is a winger, primarily right sided mind, but it shouldn't be that foreign to him to be so inept at playing a simple pass or controlling the ball.

i really hope SWP turns in a few better performances and does play wide right.. i've been calling for it for a while and personally cannot understand why mackie isn't told to play wide left seeing as he'd do the same thing on both wings - but that said its not mackie's decision to play wide right.. its the managers so swp has to deal with it.
        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
        Lovejoy: "No?!"
        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Look at Derry for a start, he gives the ball away and he cant pass the ball 5 yards, but yet he is playing is his correct position. What’s his excuse? Nothing, so start your moaning with players like that.
          I have said from day one of the season that Derry is not good enough for anything above the Championship. SWP is one of our top earners and big names, that is why he has more to live up to.
          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

How many 5 yards passes has he made? Lets not forget he has scored this season (all be it a unjustly discounted goal). I am not saying he is having a wonderful season, far from it. However I think that there are other players, performing well below SWP in the team. I just don’t understand why he gets the brunt of some ppls frustrations when he has, more than others, to contend with. I am trying to point out that he is not getting a fair crack of the whip.

As I said before, maybe you guys dont play sports ....... some players are confidence players. This does not make them any worse or better because of it, it certainly does not make them more or less professional. Look at Derry for a start, he gives the ball away and he cant pass the ball 5 yards, but yet he is playing is his correct position. What’s his excuse? Nothing, so start your moaning with players like that.

QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
              i'm sorry but i've played football for donkeys and i never had an issue when being played out of position. obviously if your a centerback(which i am) who is asked to play on the wing, nobody will expect you to skin anybody.. but swp is a winger, primarily right sided mind, but it shouldn't be that foreign to him to be so inept at playing a simple pass or controlling the ball.

i really hope SWP turns in a few better performances and does play wide right.. i've been calling for it for a while and personally cannot understand why mackie isn't told to play wide left seeing as he'd do the same thing on both wings - but that said its not mackie's decision to play wide right.. its the managers so swp has to deal with it.
              I am not saying he is playing poor because he is playing on the left, I am saying he is playing poor because he has no confidence (something we have seen in him before at Chelsea and Man City). One reason for low confidence is playing out of position (ONE REASON).

Also at the risk of repeating myself, would it not be better to let him run onto balls played behind the defence, or give him something upfront to aim for. How many times has he been to furthest player forward? He is not playing on the correct side, not being used correctly and does not have much support around him.
              You can't take your first post back!

Comment

Working...
              X