SWP Come on .......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWP Come on .......

You guys keep on and on about him. There are much much worse performers than SWP. You also seem to be oblivious of the fact he is a RW playing on the left!

Come on guys give the lad a chance to prove himself when starting and playing a few games in his best and natural position. Please don’t come back with the 15-20 mins in a game when he has played there on the odd occasions. Don’t say he has had plenty of time to prove himself because he needs to play week in week out in his preferred position to gain his conference again.

Also consider he has nothing up front to aim for, how many times has HH and or other ST sat on the wing. One game (Norwich I think) the strikers spent the game in midfield. Whats the point in him beating a player and looking up to see our slow strikers struggling to get in the box. Also he would be better used with balls played in behind for him to run onto. With better players around him, I am sure he will shine again. He is 100% good enough for QPR.
    =============================
    You can't take your first post back!

We never play him at RW and when we do he does good e.g Newcastle game !!! get Pienaar in and shove him at RW and we will get the best out of him

Comment

When people on here complain about SWP and say nothing about headless chicken Mackie I have to laugh. Get real lads
      http://twitter.com/#!/DBehar3

Comment

if we get pienaar and when traore and taarabt come back swp will be on bench
        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
        Lovejoy: "No?!"
        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
          if we get pienaar and when traore and taarabt come back swp will be on bench
          Which of the ones you mention will be on the right?

Comment

Always stuck up for him.... He's been a square peg in a round hole. Put him in the bloody square hole and see the difference!

Comment

Although I agree, he needs to play RW to play his best, I have to say, regardless of what flank you are playing on, there's no excuse for his $hit first touch (2nd touch nearly always a tackle), constant slipping over and failure to run past the first man.

So frustrating to watch when you know how good he can be.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by JGHoops View Post
                Which of the ones you mention will be on the right?
                Pienaar right, traore left. Adel n hh up top
                Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  Although I agree, he needs to play RW to play his best, I have to say, regardless of what flank you are playing on, there's no excuse for his $hit first touch (2nd touch nearly always a tackle), constant slipping over and failure to run past the first man.

So frustrating to watch when you know how good he can be.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRdan3 View Post
                    When people on here complain about SWP and say nothing about headless chicken Mackie I have to laugh. Get real lads
                    Mackie gets plenty of stick here.

We all know that SWP has been played out of position most of the time, but not every game and he hasn't played well in all games he has been on the right.

Also, playing out of position should not mean you can no longer control, trap or pass a ball 3 yards. Of course, it will make you overall contribution less, but the basics - he is not doing them.

He has been a player in decline for many years. No confidence, no football brain and little more than a fast runner. I still think there is a good player in there trying to get out, but he is not as good as his wage bracket and previous England call ups suggest.
                    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by JGHoops View Post
                      You guys keep on and on about him. There are much much worse performers than SWP. You also seem to be oblivious of the fact he is a RW playing on the left!

Come on guys give the lad a chance to prove himself when starting and playing a few games in his best and natural position. Please don’t come back with the 15-20 mins in a game when he has played there on the odd occasions. Don’t say he has had plenty of time to prove himself because he needs to play week in week out in his preferred position to gain his conference again.

Also consider he has nothing up front to aim for, how many times has HH and or other ST sat on the wing. One game (Norwich I think) the strikers spent the game in midfield. Whats the point in him beating a player and looking up to see our slow strikers struggling to get in the box. Also he would be better used with balls played in behind for him to run onto. With better players around him, I am sure he will shine again. He is 100% good enough for QPR.
                      really i thought its all anyone ever bangs on about

so the reason swp can't control a ball, beat a man or pass to one of his own team mates is because he is on the wrong side of the pitch......laughable

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post

so the reason swp can't control a ball, beat a man or pass to one of his own team mates is because he is on the wrong side of the pitch......laughable
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post

well said.

as for the non mackie criticism. he lacks in the final third but he offers more to the team than what SWP has contributed.

as my other posts state once traore and adel + maybe pienaar are back that will be the bench for swp and mackie.

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
                            well said.

as for the non mackie criticism. he lacks in the final third but he offers more to the team than what SWP has contributed.

as my other posts state once traore and adel + maybe pienaar are back that will be the bench for swp and mackie.

When you play on the wrong side, of course it will affect your confidence. That will then effect the ability to do the simple things. I am not sure if any of you play sports, but everything becomes hard (even simple basic things) when your lacking in confidence.

As for a previous comment saying he does not play well when in his position, how many times has SWP started on the right? I would guess no more than twice.

For Mackie, i am not sure what he gives the team. What is he there for if he lacks in the final third, not to sure i have heard of a defencive/holding RW before?

I disagree that SWP and Mackie will be benched, one has to play on the right. Personally i hope its SWP. He adds something we dont have anywhere else and thats pace.
                            Last edited by JGHoops; 30-01-2012, 10:59 AM.

Comment

JGHoops - I think we understand he is low on confidence, but if lack of confidence impacts your game to that extent then you are a liability. Players deal with it differently, if he can't complete a 5 yard pass because he isn't feeling confident then he isn't a very good player IMHO as he cannot deal with one of the fundamantals of being a professional.
                              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                              X