No announcement yet.

As it stands now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We might( stay up) but it is huge risk without at least one quality striker,probably need that midfielder and winger as well but definitely a quality striker( and not some untried foreign kid either).

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
      I actually believe Hughes will be able to get more goals from our current strikers than Warnock managed.
      That won't be difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
        So by that way of thinking its wingers we need, not strikers.

Not a popularly held view I know, but I actually believe Hughes will be able to get more goals from our current strikers than Warnock managed.

Yepp, they will improve their play due to the solid defence we all of a sudden has bought us.

A bit less pressure on their shoulders now, but we still need another one (striker) to be safe.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

we need people to score goals we need a decent striker!

wtf is it with QPR and decent strikers (HH is the man btw) we always seem to skimp there!!
          All those that believe in telekinesis raise my hand

Comment

How people's opinions on this board change,I nearly had to go into hiding when I stated I wanted Warnock gone and Hughes in,now the same people who slated me over it are delighted we have Hughes.

Comment

Service to the strikers has been a big issue and not really surprising considering Warnock played 2 defence minded CM's, a great right winger on the left to ruin his game, and Mackie "run into people and no end product" on the right.....

Now look at what we can do, have balance in the CM area, joey defensive and Buz creating in the final 3rd, SWP playing in his best position on the right, and Traore who's quality going forward on the left..... Not to mention you could aalso play Taraabt as a second triker behind HH. That team has loads of creativity.

Comment

we'd have a good chance, but to complete the team we definitely need 1 midfield, 1 striker. Maybe a second midfielder in fact, depends how the likes of Buz and Taarabt do. then we'd be kickin' ####.
                Last edited by Cornish R; 26-01-2012, 07:47 PM.

Comment

No.we need 2 maybe 3 more players.but im really impressed with the way MH is strenghtin our squad.with good players

Comment

If we didn't bring two new players in I still believe we stay up, only because of Mark Hughes

Comment

just about yes,
                      QPR BORN AND BRED

Comment

Originally posted by Loneranger80 View Post
                        agree think we need a couple more.....maybe 3.... midfield and up front....
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

It's always good to have a good defence also with Taiwo I am more confident with set pieces now. Not saying we don't need strikers but MH does seem to have got the players taking more chances at shooting so some of them have got to go in and when Adel returns and MH can get him shooting again we will be fine. Yes I think we will survive and am much happier than a couple of weeks ago.
                          Queens Park Rangers
                          NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

We'll stay up and IMHO we would have done so even without the new arrivals. Hughes' influence is already paying dividends and he will get the whole squad playing better and our strikers will score more.

In the last three games we have had more shots on goal than in the previous 15 and thats clearly down to MH
                            22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Think if closed now we would be ok , we now have options and pace
                              And more importantly tactical know how and organisation
                              I believe that we will have more goals coming out of our front line as let's be honest they haven't exactly had great service previously , with traits one side and swp the other with good overlapping full backs we will get a lot of crosses in the box and hopefully lit more chances

For me Hughes will be the difference

Comment

Working...
                              X