Still no strikers in sight??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still no strikers in sight??

Awesome two signings we have done to strengthen our back 4 but still no strikers in sight - do we have any in scope or was Henrique the one-shot striker deal we were hanging our hat on?

I hear we still are after Pienaar and this other Samba from Mali, but still that is not strikers

Am I the only one that consider a new striker an absolute necessity?

I do too,without one we could still be in big trouble but I'm sure Hughes is on top of it ( I hope!)

Comment

You build from the back first

Comment

Originally posted by zuluop View Post
        Awesome two signings we have done to strengthen our back 4 but still no strikers in sight - do we have any in scope or was Henrique the one-shot striker deal we were hanging our hat on?

I hear we still are after Pienaar and this other Samba from Mali, but still that is not strikers

Relax.

MH knows what he needs, and he will be having talks on the quiet with someone who will improve our squad no doubt.... days left yet.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
          You build from the back first
          I agree with that and he's doing a good job! Worse case scenario we have to hope with a stronger backline that 2 of HH, Bothroyd Campbell, Mecheda, Hulse, Mackie and even Agyemang learn to score under MH!
          @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
            I agree with that and he's doing a good job! Worse case scenario we have to hope with a stronger backline that 2 of HH, Bothroyd Campbell, Mecheda, Hulse, Mackie and even Agyemang learn to score under MH!
            Not a be all end all for a striker

Comment

Strikers always harder to get "done" --- the flash bar stewards!

As totally mental as it seems I would not be shocked to have a certain Client of Kia J's here on deadline day at 11:59pm
              I think Jim White will spontainoulsy erupt if that happens --- and I may well do the same all over Sarah Jane Mee if she's outside Loftus Road at the time.

2 done
              1 looking likely
              Adel to come back looking to want to impress
              2 strikers

Happy days
              I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

He would be an hour to late!

Comment

A striker will be the most difficult thing to find in this window. If they're any good then clubs just will not want to sell. Can't see many about that would be of immediate use and that we wouldn't want to improve on straight away come summer if we stay up.

There's Maynard for instance, but would you play him ahead of Helguson, Campbell or Taarabt?

Can anyone think of a (realistically available) striker that would go straight into first team contention?

Comment

Pavluchenko

Comment

Originally posted by Rsonist View Post
                      A striker will be the most difficult thing to find in this window. If they're any good then clubs just will not want to sell. Can't see many about that would be of immediate use and that we wouldn't want to improve on straight away come summer if we stay up.

There's Maynard for instance, but would you play him ahead of Helguson, Campbell or Taarabt?

Can anyone think of a (realistically available) striker that would go straight into first team contention?
                      Santa Cruz and Zarate.... both been mentioned and both out on loan so their parent club's don't need them so would be willing to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                        Santa Cruz and Zarate.... both been mentioned and both out on loan so their parent club's don't need them so would be willing to sell.
                        Either would be good

Comment

Originally posted by zuluop View Post

no, i do.

Comment

Moa from Hannover
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              Moa from Hannover
                              He seem to do very well on Hannovers team but in international UEFA games he was not very good, which I think is an indicator that he would not cut it in the PL. He is not John Carew you know

Isn't his brother Mos going to FC København (Copenhagen) by the way?

Shania what is your opinion of Petter Vagan Moen getting to QPR and never really play?

Comment

Working...
                              X