All Blacks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
    I'll be honest...I really hope we still play a good amount of English born and bred players. I'd feel sick if we became like Arsenal were a few years back.

Anton, Onuoha, Barton, Young and SWP are about all we'll have for now as regulars. Seeing as Young's appearances are to be limited soon enough, I hope we bring some more English players into the fold.

Not racist in the slightest before the PC brigade stike again. Just a disgrace for an English club to have such a low number of English players in the starting line up.

And they wonder why England won't ever win f**k all.
    Don't think its racist to want home grown players, and I'm probably one of those you would consider in the "PC brigade". Agree with all of that, Prem league clubs should feel a responsibility to bring on players who cd qualify for England (and as you imply, their colour is irrelevant).

Think the problem comes down to cost. Bridge was going to cost 90 grand a week so we got Taiwo. Man U pay £19m for a young English player who was barely established at his club. You have seen the difficulty Hughes has had signing players - hence he goes and gets some Mali bloke from the French league.

One point I disagree with you on and has nothing to do with race - unless we also sign Samba, Young will surely start every week? Onouha has surely been bought as replacement for Gabiddon. (Hope so anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      Don't think its racist to want home grown players, and I'm probably one of those you would consider in the "PC brigade". Agree with all of that, Prem league clubs should feel a responsibility to bring on players who cd qualify for England (and as you imply, their colour is irrelevant).

Think the problem comes down to cost. Bridge was going to cost 90 grand a week so we got Taiwo. Man U pay £19m for a young English player who was barely established at his club. You have seen the difficulty Hughes has had signing players - hence he goes and gets some Mali bloke from the French league.

One point I disagree with you on and has nothing to do with race - unless we also sign Samba, Young will surely start every week? Onouha has surely been bought as replacement for Gabiddon. (Hope so anyway).
      I agree mate, but I was banking on there being a CB signed which puts Onuoha at RB. If we do that, we are more than sorted for cover at the back.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
        I agree mate, but I was banking on there being a CB signed which puts Onuoha at RB. If we do that, we are more than sorted for cover at the back.
        Fair enough mate. If we get Samba then obviously someone has to make way but if not am happy with the back four we now have (though one injury and it suddenly looks a bit iffy, I admit). Don't think the starting 11 wd be strengthened particularly if we signed, say, Collins from Villa and moved Onouha to right back and dropped Young. For me Young has been one of our best players this season and it wd be harsh.

Comment

It would be very harsh, but there's no room for sentiment when we need to stay up. Young is long enough in the tooth to understand this, and I'm sure he'd be very professional about it. He's been good, but he's made a lot of vital mistakes.
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

It's a very good thing to have depth, especially in the back! There are many important games to be played and injuries will happen so we can't have too many quality defenders, all the players get this! I sure hope Samba is isgned as well, not at any cost but as others have said, we'll be strong in the back as we are now!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

If you were to ask any Arsenal fan, they will all tell you that they couldn't give a monkey's backside the colour nationality etc of players at Arsenal.The fact that there at one time was no English player playing for them concerned them not one little bit.

At this moment in time...neither could i....as long as they are not from Scotland..( Joking)

Comment

wouldnt be happy if we went arsenals way at all, you need atleast a few players that know and understand the culture of the country they are playing in. i dont reckon any of those #### players really understood what a game v spuds means to the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by willis1980 View Post
                  wouldnt be happy if we went arsenals way at all, you need atleast a few players that know and understand the culture of the country they are playing in . i dont reckon any of those #### players really understood what a game v spuds means to the fans.
                  They'll still be footballers, getting paid tens of thousands a week to play football. They are so far out of the culture that the rest of us live in, it's irrelevant where they come from to be fair.

Comment

Will we start doing The Haka before every game?

Comment

Originally posted by Rsonist View Post
                      good one...

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                        If you were to ask any Arsenal fan, they will all tell you that they couldn't give a monkey's backside the colour nationality etc of players at Arsenal.The fact that there at one time was no English player playing for them concerned them not one little bit.

At this moment in time...neither could i....as long as they are not from Scotland..( Joking)
                        don't know, i'd have been mortified to field a squad of 18 foreigners. I know a few Arsenal fans that were embarrassed by it. Particularly when so many are French!

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                          It's a very good thing to have depth, especially in the back! There are many important games to be played and injuries will happen so we can't have too many quality defenders, all the players get this! I sure hope Samba is isgned as well, not at any cost but as others have said, we'll be strong in the back as we are now!

Well said.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Would make one feel quite inadequate in the showers this lot.
                            I'm here for a long time, not a good time...

Comment

Not all blacks....all hooped

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Taylor View Post
                                Would make one feel quite inadequate in the showers this lot.
                                speak for yourself bud

Comment

Working...
                                X