No announcement yet.

Tim Vickery view on Henrique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali Faurlin isn't a full Argentinian international either but I wouldn't say he wasn't good enough for our side.

I seem to remember he was fairly unknown too.

Sometimes it works (Ali). Sometimes it doesn't (Ladesma). It was a loan with a view to buy so at least we get to check him out first.

Moot point now anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
      Also said that out of that squad 5 were fast tracked into the Brazil national squad, of which Henrique was not one of them. If we are going for youth, how about Sordell from Watford, England under 21??
      Sordell is a great call, I'd forgotten about him.

Comment

Living in Brazil I follow Sao paulo and watch pretty much all of their games, either live or on TV......Henrique cannot get into the first team and when he has he hasn't delivered..........yes he has potential and has shown glimpses, but as many have said here he is not the answer to our attacking issues.....one for the future ....maybe, but not what we need right now.
        Plenty of other interesting locals if Hughsey is ever interested!!

Comment

i just find it interesting that Vickery wrote before the deal was officially off...that he doesn't see how he would get a permit

so why did we bid for him?

Comment

Originally posted by Shrine View Post
            i just find it interesting that Vickery wrote before the deal was officially off...that he doesn't see how he would get a permit

so why did we bid for him?
            Maybe we have some people at the club who don't know the game well enough.
            I don't know who would be responsible for such basic checks, but it does make us look a bit dopey.
            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Bear in mind the club got a lot of worldwide media attention for the whole thing. Everyone loves a Brazilian superstar. Little dribs and drabs like that underlining "ambition" help a great deal in getting sponsorship and perking agents ears up, convincing unsure players, and stuff like that I imagine. Anything to stop people looking at the table basically!

Who knows, Alex and Henrique might have been looking at each other thinking "well if he's coming"...

Comment

The other way to look at this whole thing is maybe that it's a blessing in disguise. Henrique is linked with Kia Joorabchian (KJ probably owns a stake in him) and if he's struggling in Brazil then maybe KJ was just trying to put him in the shop window and make some money over here rather than getting us the right player we needed.

Comment

Working...
                X