Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Vickery view on Henrique

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvicker...a_cynical.html

Q) I see QPR have just signed Brazil Under-20 international Henrique from Sao Paulo. I know little about him, other than that he was player of the tournament at the U20 World Cup last year, and was wondering whether you rate him and think he is good enough to make the grade in the Premier League?
    Alex Snow

A) I don't think it's gone through yet, and I can't see how he can get a work permit. The argument will be based on his "World Youth Cup player of the tournament" award. Well though he played, he wouldn't have been my choice. Five of that side have since seen action with the senior Brazil team. He's not among them, which tells you something.

He's certainly promising, talented and versatile - more of a second, support striker than an out-and-out centre forward. But he has yet really to establish himself in domestic Brazilian football. Sao Paulo loaned him out to Vitoria in 2010, where he did OK in a relegated side, and then last year he was a bit-part substitute.

He's also prone to youthful petulance - and at the moment I think QPR need something more solid than a good long-term gamble.

Agree with some of those points but saying he cant get in the brasil side doesnt mean he is shite.

Comment

Also said that out of that squad 5 were fast tracked into the Brazil national squad, of which Henrique was not one of them. If we are going for youth, how about Sordell from Watford, England under 21??

Comment

Confirms what many of us already said.

Not the answer!

Next.

Comment

Ric - is Alex deal dead?

Comment

Next.
            Trouble is who is next?
            http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Originally posted by Sprocket View Post
              Ric - is Alex deal dead?
              He has been hanging on for PSG since we first showed interest..
              His agent is just doing his job using us to broker a deal with Paris..

Comment

Someone mentioned about the henrique deal being a PR stunt.

The club must have known he wouldnt receive the work permit so does make me wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger097 View Post

The club must have known he wouldnt receive the work permit so does make me wonder.
                  A loan move is hardly a PR stunt. If it were a £15Mill bid for a player of top calibre I could see the conspiracy theorists angle, but not this.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Its true if you see what we were asking to be taking into consideration there's no way he was getting a work permit.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      A loan move is hardly a PR stunt. If it were a £15Mill bid for a player of top calibre I could see the conspiracy theorists angle, but not this.
                      Maybe Matty, maybe. Just that it was mentioned on here the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprocket View Post
                        Ric - is Alex deal dead?
                        Really don't know mate. Alex had agreed to join us on the night of the MK Dons game, things came to light after, Rangers were willing to negotiate seems Alex wasn't so keen.

Originally posted by stainrod10 View Post
                        Trouble is who is next?
                        I couldn't say but pinning our goals for tally on a foreign kid with a less than impressive record wasn't the solution for me personally.

Comment

Maybe Matty, maybe. Just that it was mentioned on here the other day.
                          Yea mate I saw a link earlier to some blog written by a Wet Spam fan saying he reckon TF is all hot air. Just sour grapes though IMO.

We will see a couple more transfers tied up before end transfer window, clubs are just holding out to the very last minute to get every penny they can I think.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                            Also said that out of that squad 5 were fast tracked into the Brazil national squad, of which Henrique was not one of them. If we are going for youth, how about Sordell from Watford, England under 21??
                            A good shout.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shrine View Post
                              http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvicker...a_cynical.html

Q) I see QPR have just signed Brazil Under-20 international Henrique from Sao Paulo. I know little about him, other than that he was player of the tournament at the U20 World Cup last year, and was wondering whether you rate him and think he is good enough to make the grade in the Premier League?
                              Alex Snow

A) I don't think it's gone through yet, and I can't see how he can get a work permit. The argument will be based on his "World Youth Cup player of the tournament" award. Well though he played, he wouldn't have been my choice. Five of that side have since seen action with the senior Brazil team. He's not among them, which tells you something.

He's certainly promising, talented and versatile - more of a second, support striker than an out-and-out centre forward. But he has yet really to establish himself in domestic Brazilian football. Sao Paulo loaned him out to Vitoria in 2010, where he did OK in a relegated side, and then last year he was a bit-part substitute.

He's also prone to youthful petulance - and at the moment I think QPR need something more solid than a good long-term gamble.
                              I don't see what difference that makes, i d find it hard to find an English youth player that would make the Brazilian team either.
                              Queens Park Rangers
                              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Working...
                              X