transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfers

Christ alive, am i disappointed so far in our transfer activity. Should not be surprised after all the hopes we have had over the years. Fully understand, we should not pay over the odds for a player and we should only get players who want to play for us.

I think Tony F raised the bar with all his optimistic and somewhat miss guided tweets.

I for one would like to see us now go for top quality championship players.
    No premiership players want to come due to a relegation fight so lets go for players that will fight to stay in it and enjoy the experience.

I would love to see some of the following:

Lallana and Lampbert from Southampton
    Rhodes - Huddersfield
    Matty Phillips - Blackpool
    Maynard - Bristol city
    McAnuff and Le fondre - reading
    Ridgewell - Birmingham
    Emnes - Middlesbrough

Ridgewell and Maynard YES

Comment

dont agree. it is precisely this short-termist thinking which has left us with a squad of 40, 30/35 of whom patently aren't good enough. we have tried to do it on the cheap but have probably ended up spending more money than we needed to on rubbish short term fixes who are pushed into the reserves after a dozen games. we've still got time (running out I know) and wd prefer we held our nerve to wait for players who will work in the long term. can't see Hughes going for championship players. it will be sqeaky bum time but expect a couple of decent players to arrive on deadline day.

Comment

We'll sign a few on the final day. Panic not.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          dont agree. it is precisely this short-termist thinking which has left us with a squad of 40, 30/35 of whom patently aren't good enough. we have tried to do it on the cheap but have probably ended up spending more money than we needed to on rubbish short term fixes who are pushed into the reserves after a dozen games. we've still got time (running out I know) and wd prefer we held our nerve to wait for players who will work in the long term. can't see Hughes going for championship players. it will be sqeaky bum time but expect a couple of decent players to arrive on deadline day.

Comment

Don't panic people, we have a week left which Is a long time in a window. Most of our signings in the summer came in on the final day!

Just because we havn't confirmed much yet doesn't mean we are not / have not been in discussions with a number of clubs about a number of players. We may even have 1 or 2 deals agreed subject to something else, ie, selling club get their man first, or as a back up if we fail to sigb someone else. Not to mention Taiwo came from nowhere and I'm sure there may be another just like that, business done quietly and efficiently without alerting the world first.

Hughes knows what he needs and will have names to cover options A, B and C I'm sure. We have no league games to worry about before the window closes so just have faith people......

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
              Don't panic people, we have a week left which Is a long time in a window. Most of our signings in the summer came in on the final day!

Just because we havn't confirmed much yet doesn't mean we are not / have not been in discussions with a number of clubs about a number of players. We may even have 1 or 2 deals agreed subject to something else, ie, selling club get their man first, or as a back up if we fail to sigb someone else. Not to mention Taiwo came from nowhere and I'm sure there may be another just like that, business done quietly and efficiently without alerting the world first.

Hughes knows what he needs and will have names to cover options A, B and C I'm sure. We have no league games to worry about before the window closes so just have faith people......

Comment

Welll that should kit us out with a perfectly good Championship side. We want players to improve on what we've got. Le Fondre can't even get into the Reading side! He has scored a few goals. Come on.

Comment

whats wrong with hungry championship players? Grahams doing well at Swansea, Norwich are performing well and scoring. Dont get snobbish and dismiss these lads they have things to prove.

I would prefer someone who has desire to some overpaid ex prem player that not interested and wants to see out his time

Comment

The whole window has been very boring and wouldnt be surprised if deadline day is aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by sw66 View Post
                      whats wrong with hungry championship players? Grahams doing well at Swansea, Norwich are performing well and scoring. Dont get snobbish and dismiss these lads they have things to prove.

I would prefer someone who has desire to some overpaid ex prem player that not interested and wants to see out his time
                      Nothing, but when you are potentially in a relegation fight, "Hungry Championship" players are not the answers.

Proven Premier League players with experience is what we need.

We can't afford to take a "Punt" on someone hoping they will come good when they step up

Comment

Originally posted by Ellerslie View Post
                        We'll sign a few on the final day. Panic not.
                        Yes most deals of other clubs will be completed on final days as most of them are holding their players till they get highest prices before finding replacements.
                        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Working...
                        X