Are the board showing naivety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the board showing naivety

if they think they can get value for money in the January window? A window which is known for over inflated prices as clubs can prey on others (such as ourselves) desperation?

Its alright saying you want value for money in an ideal world but the simple fact is we need to get players on board sharpish.

Warnock made a point in the last window about how long it took to tie up the deals,have we not learnt from that?

Weve been negotiating with Alex for at least a week,we don't even know if Onohua has even had any talks,Henrique seems a complete waste of time and were still waiting on Taiwo to be confirmed.

Cant help thinking if we really want a player then we should just go for or we could be left looking abit silly come feb having been linked with so many and got sod all.

Yes im starting to flap abit.

i reckon samba wants to come to us , theres no way he would go on strike if there were no bids on the table and Kean said QPR were the only bidders. Its always brinkmanship, if on the 28th Sambas still on strike Blackburn will want to take the cash and get in a quality replacement . It will all go down to the wire as usual

Comment

Probably best not read this fellas take on us then mate
      http://thegamesgonecrazy.blogspot.co...-in-bush.html?

Comment

QPR has always been about freebees and bargain hunting....this is no different even though they do say that there is money enough to break the club record.

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
          if they think they can get value for money in the January window? A window which is known for over inflated prices as clubs can prey on others (such as ourselves) desperation?

Its alright saying you want value for money in an ideal world but the simple fact is we need to get players on board sharpish.

Warnock made a point in the last window about how long it took to tie up the deals,have we not learnt from that?

Weve been negotiating with Alex for at least a week,we don't even know if Onohua has even had any talks,Henrique seems a complete waste of time and were still waiting on Taiwo to be confirmed.

Cant help thinking if we really want a player then we should just go for or we could be left looking abit silly come feb having been linked with so many and got sod all.

This window is a game who s more desperate , buyer or seller, that's why after all the posturing most deals will be undisclosed on transfer deadline day, unless your a club that needs to justify why they sold a player

Think the club have to take a relatively sensible approach indeed if we were mid table and not so desperate looking deals would be easier

Also here the other game are agents and players prob waiting of a better deal comes along so they can demand more and the other side the clubs waiting to see if player has no Options then
          They drive the deal down

That's why deadline day so frenetic , game of bluff

We could offer Chelshit 10 mill and Alex 140 k a week and deal would be done tomorrow , but for qpr not a sensible approach, we are not in a rush as no more league games before window closes , also the players now talking about will be good players so should be easy to bed in before villa

Comment

No offence, but this post perfectly illustrates why Fernandes, Mittel etc have made hundreds of million of pounds and you have made, well, whatever you've made. You don't rush into an auction waving your wad around. If you want to spend £6m on Pinear etc then you stump up the £6m. If its true Alex wanted a clause saying we must sell him for free if we are relegated I'm pleased we haven't agreed. Can you show me one quote from the board saying they thought it wd be easy to sign good players in Jan? And how do you know we aren't keeping our options open on Onouha/ Alex etc to see if Samba comes off? And why the panic when we don't have a league game for a fortnight? Just so we on WARB have something to witter on about? I'm v relaxed about the transfer window - think the board will strengthen the squad, but it will be difficult and we won't get everyone we want. No need to flap.

Comment

Well they might have to stretch a bit outside their comfort business zone then because if we go down it would really mean bad business so better to invest a bit more that getting a 1-x year setback.

Comment

Cheers for the replies ill put the sharp objects back in the drawer. Nobody else is signing anyone so were not really getting left behind.

Comment

Cheers for the replies ill put the sharp objects back in the drawer. Nobody else is signing anyone so were not really getting left behind.
                  Mate I'm normally in a flap but now Hughes in I have every confidence in the board and Hughes to bring the right deals to qpr in terms of player an price
                  Id rather have 3 of the quality of taiwoo assuming he's signed then 6-7 mediocre ones

Comment

Originally posted by rangerforevereastcote View Post
                    Mate I'm normally in a flap but now Hughes in I have every confidence in the board and Hughes to bring the right deals to qpr in terms of player an price
                    Id rather have 3 of the quality of taiwoo assuming he's signed then 6-7 mediocre ones
                    That's the spirit !

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                      No offence, but this post perfectly illustrates why Fernandes, Mittel etc have made hundreds of million of pounds and you have made, well, whatever you've made. You don't rush into an auction waving your wad around. If you want to spend £6m on Pinear etc then you stump up the £6m. If its true Alex wanted a clause saying we must sell him for free if we are relegated I'm pleased we haven't agreed. Can you show me one quote from the board saying they thought it wd be easy to sign good players in Jan? And how do you know we aren't keeping our options open on Onouha/ Alex etc to see if Samba comes off? And why the panic when we don't have a league game for a fortnight? Just so we on WARB have something to witter on about? I'm v relaxed about the transfer window - think the board will strengthen the squad, but it will be difficult and we won't get everyone we want. No need to flap.
                      Great response Stainrod ...

For me the 3 pts against Wigan have allowed us to sit back and go about our business and spend THE RIGHT AMOUNT to get the players MH wants .

If we had drawn or lost on Sat then then other clubs would have feasted on our desperation and in all fairness we would probably have buckled by now and given Chelsea what they want , Onuah what City want and Spuds ^ mill for Pienar .

Now we are in pole position to purchase as the selling clubs are more likely to get twitchy as deadline looms !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X