FAO Jeffro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO Jeffro

A month or so ago, you posted Gomes (Spurs GK) - 6 month loan - Done deal, from horses mouth.

Do you still think that's the case ? Or has it gone cold now MH in charge ?

I'm not knocking your ITK status, I'm more interested in if we still think we need another GK.

Personally, I think Paddy, Cerny & Murphy is sufficient for 5 months, but at least 1 will leave in the Summer. I think we're better off investing elsewhere this month.

I'd take Gomes in a heartbeat on loan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
      I'd take Gomes in a heartbeat on loan.
      I thought you are only allowed 2 loans in the premiership?

Taye & Macheda??

Comment

Taye apparently doesn't count because not from the domestic league.

Funny how reputations are made and lost in an instant. A week ago Buz was history, two weeks ago Paddy was King Kenny, "in the top six of Premiership goalkeepers" and one of only about three/ four players we had who pretty well every fan would have agreed was Prem class. I'm not arguing for or against him, but do feel a bit sorry for him that sentiment seems to be changing so fast.

Comment

I have total faith in Paddy, Gomez I don't trust.

Comment

New manager, new ideas. Warnock only got Kenny because of their history. I wont take anything away from him as he done us proud last season. A common problem with our fans is that too many want to hold on to players of the past. In the Premiership when you stand still you fall away. Always got to keep looking ahead to try and better yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              Taye apparently doesn't count because not from the domestic league.

Funny how reputations are made and lost in an instant. A week ago Buz was history, two weeks ago Paddy was King Kenny, "in the top six of Premiership goalkeepers" and one of only about three/ four players we had who pretty well every fan would have agreed was Prem class. I'm not arguing for or against him, but do feel a bit sorry for him that sentiment seems to be changing so fast.
              its not sentiment ,its people concerned about our position right or wrong we have to stay up . and in this division there is no room for sentiment
              Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                its not sentiment ,its people concerned about our position right or wrong we have to stay up . and in this division there is no room for sentiment
                Exactly the point I was trying to make fella.

Comment

Well I was told this when NW was in charge but wasnt so sure as Kenny was a fav of his.
                  Spurs wanted a loan for 2 reasons
                  1) Freidal is old and prob only another season left in him
                  2) Redknapp will be England boss soon and Levy and spurs board rate Gomes and want him to be 1st choice when a new man takes charge.

I work with an agent who is Portuguese and brings in brazilian and Portuguese players over to England.
                  He knows Gomes, Sandro and dos Santos at Spurs very well and Gomes admitted he had spoken to QPR.
                  I still think it might happen.

Comment

Isen´t Kenny´s back a worry longterm?

I would like us to buy Ben Habsi.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

SkySports said there was interest yesterday. I dont know what to make of it as Gomes can pull of world class saves, but all Kenny had to do against Wigan was collect crosses & we know Gomes' history
                      Under Les Ferdinand:
                      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

For me Gomez may well save the odd shot that Paddy wouldn't reach, but i'm sure he'll also drop or fluff more balls than Paddy would, and in turn create a nervous, edgy defence which is something we don't need.

I'm content with Paddy, although not convinced he will be good enough long term, but if we're going to sign a new keeper, there are better options out there. Personally, i'd stick with PK and see what happens to Blackburn. If they get relegated, put in a decent bid for Paul Robinson in the summer.

Comment

Nothing wrongwith Paddy IMO. Unless, of course, it is a long standing injury that they are worried about. But, purely ability wise, I think we have a few more areas to sort first before we should worry about Paddy.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Thanks Jeffro, for elaborating.

Comment

Working...
                            X