Michael Gove struggling with Chelski-leaning son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Gove struggling with Chelski-leaning son

Regarding the Michael Gove thread, I remembered reading something in the Standard about this, and was able to find it. Actually, it is pretty funny, and despite having never liked Gove, I kinda warmed to him a bit after reading this:

QPR fan Gove asked to cross the floor by his Chelsea-loving son

Much excitement at Queens Park Rangers at news that Education Secretary Michael Gove is a supporter. But Gove has written to Spectator agony aunt Mary Killen to say he has troubles with his son, who wants to support Chelsea instead.

“He is pressing me to consider a transfer of support or have him face continual playground mockery for a quixotic family allegiance,” said Gove. “I, however, stand firm on the basis that a) the precedence for Conservative politicians switching their allegiance to Chelsea from other west London clubs (David Mellor betraying Fulham) is not happy, and b) Chelsea’s recent run of poor form (including defeat to QPR at Loftus Road) suggests that, like the British empire in 1938, the Blues are, after a period of hegemony, now on a path of inevitable decline.

”Amit Bhatia, vice-chairman of QPR, is most heartened: “I am delighted to discover that Michael Gove is a QPR fan,” he says, “and hope that he succeeds in persuading his son to carry on the family allegiance.” Perhaps some tickets to the chairman’s box might help Gove Jnr focus his mind.

http://londonersdiary.standard.co.uk...oving-son.html

Is it still frowned upon to beat the sh!t out of your kids?

Comment

Originally posted by will View Post
      ”Amit Bhatia, vice-chairman of QPR, is most heartened: “I am delighted to discover that Michael Gove is a QPR fan,” he says, “and hope that he succeeds in persuading his son to carry on the family allegiance.” Perhaps some tickets to the chairman’s box might help Gove Jnr focus his mind.http://londonersdiary.standard.co.uk...oving-son.html
      He can focus mine too if he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Planet View Post
        Is it still frowned upon to beat the sh!t out of your kids?
        I think it's ok if, as in this case they've gone feral!

Comment

Working...
        X