No announcement yet.

SWP - getting better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with what you are saying but the basics of play can't just be excused because he's playing on the left rather than the right. When every shot he takes is blocked because he can't work the space for himself or he runs straight into a player I have to think he's a player who has been figured out or is playing with no confidence.

My mate is a City fan and headless chicken and frustrating are the phrases he said to me when I was excited that he'd signed.

Comment

I watched the game again last night on football firt and if any of you have it you should watch it
      He's work rate was unbelievable and did so many things that people might miss at a game

He will defo get better unde Hughes and the fans need to get behind him is he defo responds better to carrot then stick

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
        In what position has he spent most of his career? Where is he playing for QPR?

Play him in his correct position and he'll improve.
        People continue to bang on about playing him in the right position. He does frequently turn up on the right hand side and STILL cannot deliver. He is an extremely poor crosser. Seems to have very little control of the ball when dribbling and always seems to kick the ball too far ahead of himself,f when taking on people.

Shooting is poor also. I would have Mackie anyway over him.

Mackie is very good at protecting the ball, works his socks off including his defensive abilities, will challenge for headers and will end the season with five-six goals. He is a generally more intelligent player all around.

I don't think we we will appreciate what Mackie does do until we no longer have him.

In a world where we want players to show passion I think it very fair to say that you will not find a player that will represent the fans any better than Mackie (in terms of working his socks off). To think that Bothroyd probably gets paid more is laughable.

Comment

NO
          F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

Originally posted by rangerforevereastcote View Post
            I watched the game again last night on football firt and if any of you have it you should watch it
            He's work rate was unbelievable and did so many things that people might miss at a game

He will defo get better unde Hughes and the fans need to get behind him is he defo responds better to carrot then stick
            I did the same and agree with
            Also, I really do believe it is absolutely a confidence thing with him regarding beating his man and scoring some goals.
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by rangerforevereastcote View Post

Exactly what I thought. Loads of effort to support teammates in all areas of the pitch, played simple passes, looked a part of the team without being flashy. Workmanlike, covered more miles than anyone else imo. I thought he was much better, and I hope it helps is confidence to push on to do what we know he is capable of.

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
                People continue to bang on about playing him in the right position. He does frequently turn up on the right hand side and STILL cannot deliver. He is an extremely poor crosser. Seems to have very little control of the ball when dribbling and always seems to kick the ball too far ahead of himself,f when taking on people.

Shooting is poor also. I would have Mackie anyway over him.

Mackie is very good at protecting the ball, works his socks off including his defensive abilities, will challenge for headers and will end the season with five-six goals. He is a generally more intelligent player all around.

I don't think we we will appreciate what Mackie does do until we no longer have him.

In a world where we want players to show passion I think it very fair to say that you will not find a player that will represent the fans any better than Mackie (in terms of working his socks off). To think that Bothroyd probably gets paid more is laughable.
                You're entitled to your opinion of course, but I think you're wrong about Mackie being a better option than SWP. Never mind about what people writing on a forum think. Look at the enquiries we've had for Mackie. Two championship clubs, that's it. People within the game at the top level aren't coming in for him. Have you considered why not? Perhaps they all think he's not good enough for this league.

I'd have SWP over Mackie every day.
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

He works his nuts off every week.

Yes we expect more & I'm confident it will come but people just slate the fella without taking a look at the bigger picture.

Agree eastcote I done the same and it reinforces my earlier point about his work rate off the ball & how he takes players out of position.

Comment

I guess those that rate Mackie would also prefer Derry in the team as well. We've moved up a division...
                    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                      Although hasn't hit the heights we'd of all had hoped for I think he's been in for a lot of undue stick on here this season. I think he had a good game yesterday, nice movement, lots of runs, got down the by line a few times & always looked to beat his man which he seemed reluctant to do under NW for some reason.

Will only get better under MH & will be integral to us staying up.

Good work SWP!

I agree, and have in mind that he didn´t play much for City before he came to us under the previous (cough,cough) not that very modern set up of coaches(alledgedly).
                      So as I see it, his way back to regain top form begins now with Hughes@Co.

He is already a valuable member of our team due to his speed and movements up front. That´s also an "end product".

PS. I regard him to be a RW.
                      Last edited by Shania; 22-01-2012, 04:29 PM.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

I'd be reluctant to leave SWP on the sidelines, were I Mark Hughes, and I can see SWP develope a lot better under Sparky, than was ever going to be the case under NW.

Comment

People say about SWP's workrate but when Mackie gives 100% but doesnt produce any quality everyone goes mad saying he isnt prem class.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                            In what position has he spent most of his career? Where is he playing for QPR?

Play him in his correct position and he'll improve.

That´s correct.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

A confident SWP playing in a settled role within a confident team would be devastating in my view. We should stick with him as I reckon he/we have turned a corner and things will quickly gel in forthcoming games.

Comment

not normally negative, but yesterday he was poor. when running at the full backs he showed far too much of the ball and alot of the time he lost possession

Comment

Working...
                                X