SWP - getting better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWP - getting better?

His control and passing was a big improvement on sat, a few good crosses, and set up Tommy for the winner.

Actually, the whole midfield improves with Barton back in to link it all together, it also allowed Buz more room. Interestingly, Buz had about 4 or 5 shots, and I can't recall SWP having any? Wigans closing down was poor, and I'm not sure they will get as much time against better oppo, but our midfield did play well.

I thought he was our worst player yesterday. I didnt see any end product of him

Comment

Although hasn't hit the heights we'd of all had hoped for I think he's been in for a lot of undue stick on here this season. I think he had a good game yesterday, nice movement, lots of runs, got down the by line a few times & always looked to beat his man which he seemed reluctant to do under NW for some reason.

Will only get better under MH & will be integral to us staying up.

Good work SWP!

Comment

^^^^

See how opinions can differ.

Comment

I expect more off him Ric. I cant remember him delivering a decent cross or providing a telling pass. Yes he got the ball down and ran at the wigan defence but far too often he ran into people. As an ex england international i expect much much more of him

Comment

i didnt think he played any better or worse than usual...he made some good runs in the 1st half,but in the second he had a couple of one on ones with a Wigan defender and didnt get past him..but even if he does get past a defender his final delivery lets him down..his pass to Tommy Smith was a basic sqaure ball played inside,if he couldnt make that pass he should give up

Comment

I know what your saying mate & agree he needs to get more balls in the box for sure but we shouldn't be detracted from the good he does that can easily go unnoticed. Three times yesterday I saw him pick the ball up 2 Wigan players closed him down & he released it to Barton or Buzz who were both left free to play balls through to the forwards.

I can only see him pushing right on now MH is here.

Comment

He was shocking
                R's

Comment

Not yet. He still cannot dribble.
                  QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

I thought he okay first half, awful second half. When we needed him to run with with the ball to relieve some pressure he gave up possession really easily. A lot of the time just by tripping over the ball!

Also why on earth did they think he was the right player to keep the ball in the corner at the end? He basically got breathed on and lost the ball.

Not sure how well it reflects on the England team that he has nearly 40 caps!

Comment

i am not one for singling out players when they have a poor game..but.....SWP has been consistantly poor for a long time now...he never seems to really have the ball under control. and is so easily knocked off the ball. but i agree he had a better game yesterday and just needs a goal or a KC to boost his confidence. i agree with ric i think he will become more involved under MH and hopefully will become an important player for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                        I know what your saying mate & agree he needs to get more balls in the box for sure but we shouldn't be detracted from the good he does that can easily go unnoticed. Three times yesterday I saw him pick the ball up 2 Wigan players closed him down & he released it to Barton or Buzz who were both left free to play balls through to the forwards.

I can only see him pushing right on now MH is here.
                        Yeah i noticed that as well.
                        Im hoping we see an improvment from him as we all know its there. His first 3 or 4 games for us he was electric and as the team has faltered the last 2 months so has he. I though he stuck at it on Tues against MK even though he wasnt excellent but he needs to improve the end product of his game for me. If we hadnt of won yesterday i reckon he would of been up for loads of critcism more than others

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Planet View Post
                          I thought he okay first half, awful second half. When we needed him to run with with the ball to relieve some pressure he gave up possession really easily. A lot of the time just by tripping over the ball!

Also why on earth did they think he was the right player to keep the ball in the corner at the end? He basically got breathed on and lost the ball.

Not sure how well it reflects on the England team that he has nearly 40 caps!
                          In what position has he spent most of his career? Where is he playing for QPR?

Play him in his correct position and he'll improve.
                          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                            In what position has he spent most of his career? Where is he playing for QPR?

Play him in his correct position and he'll improve.
                            being able to control the ball and not knock it 5 yds in front of you has no bearing to where you are on the pitch..neither does falling over at the slightest contact ..or running straight into a defender when one on one.

Comment

oh and the inabilty to beat the keeper or even hit the target when put through one on one

Comment

Working...
                              X