Did Barton play well or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Barton play well or not?

Why does there seem to be a 50/50 split about this? I thought he was very quiet and can't really remember him doing anything that useful, but according to his twitter and lots of people on various MBs, he played well. So which is it, and why did his performance divide opinion like that?

He was everywhere! Great game!

Comment

2 players didn't play well on the ball yesterday & that was Joey & DJ but off the ball both were really good. Joey's a good player, people need to lay off him a little bit (I do know he's on good wages etc, but confidence is the key for any player)
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by 3touch View Post
        Why does there seem to be a 50/50 split about this? I thought he was very quiet and can't really remember him doing anything that useful, but according to his twitter and lots of people on various MBs, he played well. So which is it, and why did his performance divide opinion like that?
        Because those that hate him wouldn't even acknowledge him having a good game even if he scored a hat trick v Chelsea.

Comment

Not outstanding but thought he had a decent game

Comment

I don't understand how people can say DJ didn't play well ? every time i saw him he was making runs he looked hard to deal with from a wigan point of view, when it came to his feet he made a few good passes and at one point he basically beat 2 players and would of been clean through if he didnt get fouled . showed alot of effort aswell .

Comment

Originally posted by 3touch View Post
              Imo its Because people don't like Joey Barton and whatever he does will never be good enough. I didnt like and never will like Adel's me, me, me attitude but when he plays I'm fully behind him as he plays for QPR FC. some people's attitude to Joey, Jamie and Buzz is laughable really as its not based on what they have played like, but based on the fact they don't like them.

I'm suprised more if the hysterical teenagers were not out last night but at least Dazzer didn't disappoint.

Comment

The side was better for Him being in it,did He do anything Faurlin wouldn't have done no, gave away the ball a few times saw some very good through ball passes to SWP and Mackie but put too much wieght on each of them but generally had a good game but certainly not at the level some are saying
                Got to disagree with QPR imo DJ having such a rare start I thought He had a cracking game while He was on

Comment

He was ok but not near excellent.
                  QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

He made us tick yesterday and let buzz so his thing

Without him were a poorer side

Comment

good game. He linked the midfield together really well.

Comment

Bear in mind the wind was playing havoc with passing and goal-kicks, that's why some crosses ended up looking over-hit.

Comment

yes
                          http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

He had a good game. Not amazing and wasn't likely to be with Wigan playing 5 in the middle but I thought he acquitted himself very well & done a lot of the shite work Derry was great at last season but obviously to a much higher standard. Got stuck in, rallied the players & apart from a couple of over hit passes he didn't do much wrong.

Keep it up Joey!

Comment

was one of the best players on the pitch and anyone who says otherwise is completely cooked. if it was another player that had put in the same performance people would be singing his praises.

Comment

Working...
                              X