Nearing the end of the window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearing the end of the window

I have a feeling that we will end up panic signing.

There will be no marquee signing such as Defoe etc, no chance.
    We will end up signing players out of favour at their clubs, the level and likes of Jon joe Shelvey, Danny Guthrie, maybe ata push Santa cruz or Rhodes from Huddersfield

It will be a miracle if Hughes keeps us up without the big ambitious signings I'm sure he was promised when He took the job.

It seems money doesn't talk.

Jeffro, Hughes is no mug and he knows regardless of what the board promised him regarding funds, there's never a guarantee other clubs will sell.

I think the fact the club have put high value bids on the table for certain playres proves they're serious in backing him.

Now we have 10 days left, he will focus on some more achievable targets i'm sure if the likes of Samba and Alex don't come off. I would actually hope now Onoura has fallen through, and Samba unlikely, they push the boat out for Alex. He will show intent to others who may follow, plus, assuming Henrique gets his wwork permit, having a fellow countryman in the club could help him progress no end imo.

For me if we don't get the "marquee" signings like Defoe, which i don't think was ever on the cards, unless the player stresses his intentions to leave at his club they won't need to sell, i won't be too bothered. I'd be happy with some lesser names to improve the squad and get us to survival. I don't think we need that much to be honest, but we are all greedy and want 5 or 6. I think MH will improve what we already have and we will be ok anyway with only a few additions in key areas.

These are building blocks for the future, if that means the likes of Bassong, Pienaar, that other SA player mentioned, Zamora compliment Taiwo and Henrique instead of the likes of Samba, Alex, Krancjar, Santa Cruz, Zarate... so be it. Hughes will work with whatever he ends up with, and as all the new signings will be players he thinks he can use to improve the side, i have every confidence he will steer us to survival.
    Last edited by Del; 21-01-2012, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Have to say Mark Hughes is giving out an air of being calm,in control and quite happy with the way things are going so like to think everything is under control.
      Can only be good for the players to see this too imo

Comment

Working...
      X