The End Of Mackie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
    Hang on a minute. This time last year many of us were singing "There's only one Jamie Mackie".

He may not be prime Prem quality - but don't cane the lad. He doesn't pick himself..... and he always gives 110 percent.

A bit more respect is due. And IMO he will make a good player to have in the wider squad.
    hate it when people on here suddenly start hating on him. he was a fans favourite last year. show some respect people!
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

I dont think anyone hates him. i certainly don't. actually comes across as an exceptionally nice bloke for a professional footballer, and not entirely stupid either. i just dont think - and many fans also now think - that he isnt good enough for us if we hope to remain in the prem league. that is all.

Comment

Hang on a minute. This time last year many of us were singing "There's only one Jamie Mackie".

He may not be prime Prem quality - but don't cane the lad. He doesn't pick himself..... and he always gives 110 percent.

A bit more respect is due. And IMO he will make a good player to have in the wider squad.
        good post maverick, mackie always gives his all, chases lost causes and shames more talented players with his effort and endevour....

Comment

Originally posted by NikB View Post
          hate it when people on here suddenly start hating on him. he was a fans favourite last year. show some respect people!
          was he?

Comment

It's stupid to talk about getting rid of mackie! We need depth to the squad as well an there's a lot more that should be shifted out of the club before maCkie!

I tell you what bring mackie on for the last 10 - 20 minutes in a high tempo prem game with his enery no defender will enjoy that! Plus what happens of one of our new siblings get injured?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              we have 40 odd players. its unsustainable. if we all want to buy half a new squad we cant keep hold of every decent old clogger who runs about a bit. if we got a bidding war going between cardiff and west spam that cd pay for the transfer of santa cruz. i know who id prefer. as for the jamie mackie song, i cd never bring myself to sing it even when he was having that agyman-esque purple patch. his limitations were always pretty obvious.
              Yes - we've got a massive "dead wood" problem. But Dave isn't fit to lace Mackie's boots.

He's a very handy player to have on the bench because he can play in many roles..... and he'll run though a brick wall if the manager told him to.

Better than some of those parasites we currently have.....
              Last edited by maverick69; 20-01-2012, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMcGeoghan View Post
                When Traore is back he will surely be pushed forward.

Left side looking much much stronger.

Also SWP on the right surely, needs to shine.
                Does nobody feel that SWP is a bigger threat through the middle,He seems to challenge and is more dangerous going forward from the middle ??

Comment

But that's it, last year we were singing his name, but that was in the Championship this is the Premiership and unfortunately he is not upto Premier League scratch.

I don't think anyone doubts he gives 100% because he does and always will, but sticking your head down and running, beating one man then losing the ball at the next man as you've put the ball to far in front of you to make, isn't going to cut it.

Great to see him comeback as he has of course, but I think he's had his time.

A move to Rangers or Celtic should be what he needs to look for, he would excel in that League

Comment

Probably a bit unfair to judge a player against Arsenal but it was that match that convinced me he had no future in the Prem. Before that I prob wd have agreed about the impact sub argument but I wd need to see a replay of that match to tell whether Mackie ever actually touched the ball. Or even ever looked like touching the ball. Or knew where the ball was. It cruelly showed up the gulf in class. Agree there are at least 15 other players on our books who deserve to go first but bearing in mind that hardly any of them will attract a transfer fee, if Tony wants to raise a few sheckles towards the Hughes re-building programme I don't think we cd begrudge him. If selling Mackie buys half of Krancjar then sorry to say but for me its a case of many thanks for the memories Jamie, appreciate all you did for us and best of luck with the rest of your career.

Comment

But that's it, last year we were singing his name, but that was in the Championship this is the Premiership and unfortunately he is not upto Premier League scratch.

I don't think anyone doubts he gives 100% because he does and always will, but sticking your head down and running, beating one man then losing the ball at the next man as you've put the ball to far in front of you to make, isn't going to cut it.

Great to see him comeback as he has of course, but I think he's had his time.

A move to Rangers or Celtic should be what he needs to look for, he would excel in that League
                      Agreed...... But no need to cane the lad at the level that is being demonstrated in this thread. He's not some sop draining the money of the club - and he could still do a job within the context of the squad as it stands.

Comment

When Traore is back he will surely be pushed forward.

Left side looking much much stronger.

Also SWP on the right surely, needs to shine.
                        One grateful supporter. Memory of a goldfish or 'everyone is expendable'?

Comment

keep mackie

Comment

Would definitely keep him. Wouldn't even loan him out, very good as an impact sub to run at tired legs

Comment

mackie can play on the right as SWP hasnt done jack.
                              Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                              Lovejoy: "No?!"
                              Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                                was he?
                                Of course he was. Regardless of whether or not you think he is upto it now, you cant argue he wasnt a fans favourite last year. Was you at Reading away when he was up in the commentary box? Our end was rocking singing his name over and over; hardly the sign of a player the fans dont like.
                                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                                X