Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we still the best promoted team this year???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    No Nicky you are completely wrong and for once I agree entirely with Paul Mason. Take Derry out of the side and replace him with Watson say and I think we would have gone up. Mackie was injured and we brought in Routledge who was actually a considerable improvement. Kenny was good but probably no better than Speroni. But take Tabs out of the team - which he has been for most of this season for whatever reason - and you are left with a Championship side. No one we cd realistically have afforded to buy wd have come close to him. He often had three, four players marking him last season - he was probably twice as good as the Championship's next most effective player (Chopra/ whoever).

Sadly Hill/ Derry/ Mackie have now been exposed for the average championship players they always were - brilliant work rate/ professionalism etc that all three have and for which I shall always be grateful.
    Without Tarbs we would of at least made the playoffs imo, and Kenny had a lot of clean sheets saving us many points. The others done their job very well and that has led to us being where we are today.
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by NikB View Post
      Without Tarbs we would of at least made the playoffs imo, and Kenny had a lot of clean sheets saving us many points. The others done their job very well and that has led to us being where we are today.
      Yep the others did their jobs - supporting Adel to blow the division apart. Even if you are right and we wd have made the play offs without him and somehow got promoted I think that proves the point. We wd have been worse than Norwich or Swansea, hence we are now struggling.

Comment

Working...
      X