Looking good for Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Westbyfleetr View Post
    Tiote is also at ACON. They've still got tons of quality: Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Santon, Colocinni and even Best could have a field day unless we get some new CBs in before Sunday. Our midfield is a massive concern. Wouldn't be surprised if Hughes looks what he's got to work with and keeps us playing very deep and shut up shop to get a point. It may not be pretty on Sunday, but I'd love to be surprised.

Vaagen Moen for the winner? ;)

QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

I think it could be a scrappy game as both sides are forced to make changes. As our team is performing worse at present, the disruption may impact them more in a weird way.

As for who plays, i thin MH should dig his boots out..... at least he'd hit the target unlike Bothroyd....

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
        I think it could be a scrappy game as both sides are forced to make changes. As our team is performing worse at present, the disruption may impact them more in a weird way.

As for who plays, i thin MH should dig his boots out..... at least he'd hit the target unlike Bothroyd....
        With the obvious exception of Dowie bacause he wasn't really a striker under the trades descriptios act - who was the last manager we had with a pedigree as a former top class striker?
        Maybe Hughes' inherent knowledge of the position will help us ease our goalscoring woes
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Wasn't Paul hart a fox in the box?

Joke
          http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

A point up there would be huge, they are flying after the Man United game and we have no midfield and a very very average defence (without any signings).

Have a feeling it will be a backs to the wall for 90 minutes job!

On the plus side we'll be sitting so far away we probably won't be able to see mauling.

Comment

Can't wait with the five behind HH reading Derry, smith, Cul de mackie, SWP and probably machedia should tear em apart. LOL

Comment

They are still punching above their weight imo, and we are under performing.

With first teams available i don't think there's a huge amount between the sides. We all know we should have done them by about 4 goals at Loftus, so that will possibly work against them a bit on sunday, and go for us. We are both missing key players, us moreso with Barton banned and Faurlin out, along with the ACON absentees, but who knows, maybe the MH factor will mean everyone raises their games and as we aren't expected to win, we can play with less pressure.

Lets just hope that as Ba has got most of their goals, the others have forgotten how to score and may be lost without him there to try and find.

Comment

Diagree about punching above their weight. I think they are a top 8 side and more than anything still a work in progress after a summer of upheaval when we played them.

Cabaye is now settled into the Premier League and is a wonderful playermaker, the main man with Hazard when Lille won the French title last season. Ben Arfa is the real deal - imagine Taarabt with the work rate and team mentality and has won titles with Lyon and Marseille.

Comment

Working...
                  X