Couple Of Gripes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple Of Gripes

Its not a great time to be a Rangers fan at the minute in fact its sh!t but just a couple of things people should remember however frustrating it is watching us.

Fans literally 20 yards away from Jay Bothroyd absolutely slaughtering him when he failed to win a header or mis controlled a ball mins after coming on really doesn't help. I've been very disappointed in Jay if I'm honest but I wouldn't resort to standing up facing him with a contorted face screaming abuse at him as people were doing in front of me to the left were yesterday.

Jamie Mackie. Again top honest pro but hasn't got the quality & cutting edge needed to play for a top flight side imo again getting dogs abuse from our own fans. Yes we all me included probably say f*ck sake Mackie during games when he runs down a blind alley or loses possession but again hammering him for being on the pitch is below the belt. He doesn't pick himself to play.

Singing 'Premiership your having a laugh' is hardly going to inspire our boys when they are struggling to find their game against a half decent side.

Booing the players off at HT was again pathetic. I wasn't happy with the performance by any stretch but booing our own is low.

The reason I wrote this thread is because its easy to blame it all on Warnock but we can do our bit also. Its times like this we should really dig deep to support the lads. The atmosphere yesterday for such a big following was shocking. We should of been roaring from start to finish & again I understand when we play shite it affects this but surely that's the time to really get behind the team. To many seem resigned to us losing before the whistle has been blown to start the game so don't bother getting up for it.

With regards to Warnock what will be will be. Tony Fernandes & Amit Bhatia are no fools & will only do what's best for Queens Park Rangers FC & that's all that should matter to every single one of us. I'm hoping we smash Newcastle next week & just get going on a mini run to save Warnock but I've been saying the same thing for ages now & it doesn't seem to be happening.

But anyway as originally stated we can do our bit & caning our players really isn't one of them.

COYR'ssssss

Well said mate.....

I dont believe in colin anymore but i believe in TF...I'll happily support what ever he decides....

Turning on your own is the worst thing i could possibly think of. I have never booed a QPR player in all my years as a supporter, even when i knew they were not good enough..

We're supposed to be the supporters,....so for F sake...support !!

The team need us/ you now more than ever....do it for the boys !!

Comment

Amen to that brother!

I'm sure we've seen this all before - infighting, being the oppositions 12yh man, constant moaning etc, and I'm damn sure it didn't really get us anywheres then

Weren't we all recently looking at Blackburn fans and kind of thinking "they are committing Hari-Kari and lets hope they keep it up"?

As for it being a sh1+ time to be an R's fan I know where your coming from. A slightly different perspective could be that we were always going to struggle, we would've settled for 4th bottom and I'm enjoying renewing some old rivalries at away games. It's always that $h1te 90 mins that gets in the way of some great days and weekends away.

The life of a QPR fan......... Never dull
      I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

So how do the fans inform the players and management we're not impressed by what's being served up? Should we all sit in silence, grumble privately, and let them all get on with it?

Fans travel a lot of miles and spend a lot of money going to see the team. Paying customers are entitled to have their say. I expect much better from people earning more in a week than I earn in a year. I put in a 12-hour day yesterday to watch that rubbish as I'm sure many others did. We deserve much better than what we were offered.

I'm not expecting us to be a team of world beaters, but what I'm expecting is 100% effort and the basics like tackling, passing, shooting, and heading done properly.
        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Spot on Ric, the support has been alot worse than any of warnocks decisions! Sign of proper fans is getting behind te team and helping to raise them when they are pony and down in the dumps

Comment

Despite what people may think of me I agree with that Ric
            I moves from the side at half time to more central cos I didn't understand our fans givin stick to our team on that side smith got it loads
            I didn't boo at half time Or ft and I wouldn't Join with those singing the songs you mentioned

Was talking to a fella behind me and he was saying and I agree if I was the
            Players of we scored wouldn't acknowledge the fans after that and he was right

Comment

Richard - spot on in terms of players effort

Warnock puts them out there but it's up to DJ, Boothy, Hall etc to run their nuts off and give 100% effort. I don't care if they've got a problem with the formation, personnel gripes with the management etc. for 98 minutes they need to earn their ludicrous salaries
              I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                So how do the fans inform the players and management we're not impressed by what's being served up? Should we all sit in silence, grumble privately, and let them all get on with it?

Fans travel a lot of miles and spend a lot of money going to see the team. Paying customers are entitled to have their say. I expect much better from people earning more in a week than I earn in a year. I put in a 12-hour day yesterday to watch that rubbish as I'm sure many others did. We deserve much better than what we were offered.

I'm not expecting us to be a team of world beaters, but what I'm expecting is 100% effort and the basics like tackling, passing, shooting, and heading done properly.
                Here here, I echo your sentiments!

Comment

Some good points Ric, but many fans like myself have already resigned ourselves to relegation. There is not a fat chance in hell with Warnock's tactics we will stay up. We will probably be back at MK Dons next year in the league!
                  First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

I concur...

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post

I can understand Ric-Roc's underlying sentiments as it is humiliating booing our own team and being seen to give abuse to players who should we retain our PL status are unlikely to be hear next season...However....

I can totally understand Richard's sentiments/ire too.... Me and my mate completed a 240mile round trip to watch that tosh and were left totally bemused at how poor we were yesterday... even though they (MK) were a decent team who for the majority of the game played us off the park, R's contributed to our own downfall by playing so terribly....

Players need and thrive on fans' unequivocal support but, lets be honest here, there are always going to be a sizeable minority of fans who will vent their collective spleen at players who are either playing badly or under-performing... they and the management need to get over it and find ways of rectifying the situation FAST... if and when this happens they will again enjoy the total support from the fans who turn up to watch them play....

There are always going to be fans who will say we should support the team whatever is happening and that the players feed off or react to the negativity but... this is a chicken and egg situation or two way process... fans need some excitement to get their collective juices flowing... yesterday was dismal and from the moment MK had a fantastic team goal scored by the big black fella who was adjudged off side we knew it was going to be a difficult afternoon... having said this THAT R's performance was unacceptable to most fans so I can understand people getting the hump...

There are always going to be goatsc0ck fans who will act in an embarrassing OTT way but when you have a mixture of.. alcohol, frustration, lack of ability to articulate appropriately and general mob mentality/people who like to show off in crowds then these situations will arise...

Warnock HAS to go.... It is now down to TF and Amit B to identify our saviour as it were to keep us up.... not an easy task but better than inevitable relegation under Warnock and Curle.........

Comment

Some great points on both sides of the fence lads.

I dunno I'm just totally p!ssed off with everything QPR related at the moment I guess.

Still praying Warnock can turn it around with an injection of new talent but as you said Dave with these tactics we are going to struggle.

Its a real shame & regardless of what people earn or not I'm genuinely gutted its got to the stage we are at with Neil Warnock. I like the guy & really want / wanted him to succeed with us.

Comment

I guess the issue is, how much longer are fans going to put up with poor performances? There's been enough of those over recent weeks and for me, patience is wearing thin.
                        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

just a flier ric...is that the 1st ever serious post you have posted .......hee hee

Comment

Top post mate!

Weather warnock is the man or not seems split down the midle but some of our supporters are very sad!

Disgrace - we are in a relegation scrap ! We need to be united

Comment

Originally posted by singingranger View Post
                              Top post mate!

Weather warnock is the man or not seems split down the midle but some of our supporters are very sad!

Disgrace - we are in a relegation scrap ! We need to be united
                              Exactly..so we back TF to the hilt !! ALL OF US....

Comment

Working...
                              X