Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

In all my years as a football fan...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BUSHRANGER1982
    Gold Seat
    • Mar 2009
    • 5666

    #16
    Originally posted by loftlag
    What thought was the most incompetant thing the ref did was when our player got fouled near the half way line in the 2nd half he waved play on swp won a throw in by the corner of elersley and the loft and the pr//k then called a free kick for the foul back by half way line would he have ruled out corner kick and take it back to the foul
    Errrr, about 6.50pm, I think.

    Comment

    • QPRDave
      The number 10
      • Mar 2009
      • 32080

      #17
      Originally posted by Dazzer1977
      ... and playing this great game I have never witnesses a worse performance by the officials than I did today. I've followed Rangers up and down the country for almost 28 years, I've played up to semi-pro league football, county and district football, Saturday and Sunday league football and I've even managed U13's, U14's and U15's football teams where parents have officiated due to refs not turning up last minute and have seen some shockers but today just takes the cookie. I left the stadium totally disgusted watching that today. The FA Premier League brand is tarnished by officials like that and I'm sure if what happened today to the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs or Man City the powers that be would get involved.

      Barton did nothing wrong today other than stand his ground against an aggressive opponent who kicked, punched and clattered him on separate occasions. Before you throw your toys out blaming him for that today, why not wait and see it with your own eyes on replays tonight. Actually given the tripe we get from the BBC it probably wont get any air time!

      As for Lambert, I used to think he was a decent up and coming manager but after listening to him in this interview all I can think is of him now is nothing more than that vile word that starts with C, is four letters and ends in a T with a U and N in the middle.

      Rant over!
      CELT ??????
      Have to agree about the officials early on we were getting done for running up behind Holt & Jackson, and yet their Centre halves were going through the back of HH and we were getting nothing. Identical type fouls. Jokers!!

      Comment

      • SmartRs
        Apprentice
        • Mar 2009
        • 120

        #18
        Today was only the second most incompetent bit of refereeing I've seen.

        Anyone remember Gurnam Singh?

        Comment

        • QPR_NW10
          Silver Seat
          • May 2011
          • 2659

          #19
          Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982
          I take it that you didn't go to ArseAnal on Saturday last?

          Worryingly, the officials at the Emirates were every bit as bad.

          And this is supposed to be the best league in the world?

          Not with such pish-poor officials it 'aint.
          i posted about the officials at the emirates after the game, and unfortunately we got the same calibre.
          just awful.
          i remember the days when a ref was a strong man who commanded the game. not anymore. too many refs coming up through the FA fast track system. they just can't cut it.

          Comment

          • BUSHRANGER1982
            Gold Seat
            • Mar 2009
            • 5666

            #20
            Originally posted by QPR_NW10
            i posted about the officials at the emirates after the game, and unfortunately we got the same calibre.
            just awful.
            i remember the days when a ref was a strong man who commanded the game. not anymore. too many refs coming up through the FA fast track system. they just can't cut it.
            You're not wrong.
            Trouble is as well, they are making a mockery of the premier league and it's supposed high calibre.

            Comment

            • 72bus
              Gold Seat
              • Mar 2011
              • 9533

              #21
              barton simulated a butt on johnson who then faked contact, the next norwich bloke took bartons legs, the lino didnt put his flag up for the barton/johnson incident but for the foul on barton. the ref came to speak to the lino and our joey was off, the lino was a ringer for max branning from eastenders gargoyle features

              Comment

              • LoftusRoadLad
                W12 Seat
                • Jan 2011
                • 19610

                #22
                Newly promoted referee takes two newly promoted teams as QPR host Norwich
                Mon 02nd Jan 2012 00:49 by Clive Whittingham

                Neil Swarbrick, a referee promoted from the Championship along with QPR in the summer, takes charge of his first Rangers game in the top flight later today.

                What did we expect !!

                Comment

                • Billericay*icky
                  Bronze Seat
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 339

                  #23
                  Agree with the comments re the Officials - I thought Stuart Atwell was the worst I've seen but this fella takes the biscuit.

                  A quick word about Bradley Johnson - this fella is a nasty piece of work and will no doubt be congratulating himself tonight. I remember our last game of last season when the Leeds players did the guard of honour thing as we walked out onto the pitch and I noticed that the only one not clapping was Johnson, the ungracious git. Sums him up. As for Fatty Holt, don't get me started....I really don't want us to start falling over and feigning injury and getting into the Ref's face, but as Mick MacCarthy said last week, sometimes you might have to do that if the others are doing it and it's working for them.

                  Comment

                  • Dazzer1977
                    W12 Seat
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 4751

                    #24
                    Originally posted by SmartRs
                    Today was only the second most incompetent bit of refereeing I've seen.

                    Anyone remember Gurnam Singh?
                    I remember Gurnam Singh. Wasn't that against those carrot muncher too?

                    Still think today was worse.... Anymore taker for bad refs?

                    Comment

                    • Billericay*icky
                      Bronze Seat
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 339

                      #25
                      Rob Styles at Wycombe, Andy Hall, Andy Durso, etc.....

                      Comment

                      • MattyRangers
                        Slimmer of The Year
                        • Jun 2011
                        • 24914

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Dazzer1977
                        I remember Gurnam Singh. Wasn't that against those carrot muncher too?

                        Still think today was worse.... Anymore taker for bad refs?
                        He refs my Saturday team now in the Combined Counties Div 1.... How he has fallen eh!
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

                        Comment

                        • Bigdave
                          Gold Seat
                          • Apr 2009
                          • 5109

                          #27
                          Originally posted by 72bus
                          barton simulated a butt on johnson who then faked contact, the next norwich bloke took bartons legs, the lino didnt put his flag up for the barton/johnson incident but for the foul on barton. the ref came to speak to the lino and our joey was off, the lino was a ringer for max branning from eastenders gargoyle features
                          Thats what i didnt get.
                          What exactly did the lino say to the ref to make him send Barton off because as you say he didnt flag for the 'headbutt' incident.

                          Comment

                          • Dazzer1977
                            W12 Seat
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 4751

                            #28
                            Originally posted by Billericay*icky
                            Rob Styles at Wycombe, Andy Hall, Andy Durso, etc.....
                            All stinkers but still not this bad... How a referee can send a player off in a game and then go on to admitting that he nor his other officials saw the incident is just madness.

                            Comment

                            • Bluehoop
                              Gold Seat
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 9258

                              #29
                              This one today was the worst I've ever witnessed. How can he send a player off if neither he nor his assistant has actually seen what happened. On the say so of a bunch of carrot munchers and the strength of Barton's reputation - what a joke - and one that almost certainly cost us 3 points. And to cap things off, he's telly Paddy kenny to get on with the game when the ball is still 10 rows back in the upper loft - what a farkin whaynker
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

                              Comment

                              • The Godfather
                                Silver Seat
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 2367

                                #30
                                The guy was a complete and utter joke. He totally ruined what should have been an entertaining encounter. Dazzer's opening paragraph summed up his display for me...I too left the ground with a feeling of disgust. It's the first time I've actually spotted a Facebook group calling for an investigation into a referee...for those interested click here.

                                Comment

                                Working...