Is it £2milion for Dex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it £2milion for Dex?

So, the fee is reported to be £1.6million and that was vi Vital Nottingham Forest at first so, no spin from QPR about that - it's what Forest are putting out.

Chuck in the circa £300K we got for his loan deal..

"Wotte was keen to bring former Saints striker Blackstock back to St Mary's on loan from QPR, but Saints were unable to find the fee required and he subsequently went to relegation rivals Nottingham Forest.

Wotte then turned to Crystal Palace striker Scowcroft, but the bank refused to fund the deal and Southampton Leisure Holdings soon went into administration.

Wotte told the Daily Echo: "I knew the first time Mark Fry came into my office with Rupert Lowe telling me the bank had bounced some cheques and stopped the overdraft we had a problem.

"We had a problem signing players. First of all we wanted to sign Dexter Blackstock but we didn't have the ridiculous money they wanted for two months - I think it was £300,000 for two months.

"We couldn't afford Dexter and I tried to sign Scowcroft. We reached an agreement with Neil Warnock and Scowcroft and the bank didn't allow us to bring him in. Then I knew we were in trouble."

So, if it works out we do get nearer £2million for him, is that good business?

Methinks it's pretty good for a player with a year left on his contract. However, we shouldnt be letting players get that close to the end of their terms IMHO
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Good deal imo
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

It's only a good deal if they re-invest the money wisely
      "The New Era"

Been there, done that, got the Ledesma t-shirt!

Comment

Getting £1.6M or £2m for someone who will walk in 12 months for nought is cracking business and just imagine if Forest did not want him, we would be stuck with him until next summer as no one else wants him which tells its own story.

Comment

its only good businness if we replace him.

Comment

They can replace him with Rowan Vine who is miles better than Blackstock and bank 1.6m they will not get in 12 months.

Comment

Your all mad.

What was our biggest problem last year- goal scoring Blackstock would have scored goals given a decent run.

26 times last year we failed to score goals and you all think this is a good move.

Jesus Christ.
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

I think it's a bit OTT signing yourself off as "Jesus" Funky
                Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Well hes gone now.
                  Lets hope we can reinvest the money on a goalscorer

Comment

Originally posted by WALKONBY View Post
                    Well hes gone now.
                    Lets hope we can reinvest the money on a goalscorer
                    Your right Spencer and when anyone else comes in they will get my full support.

But I just dont get this move we are supposed to be showing ambition we have a rich board yet we have just sold Delaney, Camp and Blackstock.

Any decent club in this division has two or three forwards that can chip in 15-20 goals, last year Wolves were a prime example of this Blake bagging 25 goals.

I just dont see any logic in getting rif of Dexter a hard working player young decent pace and a goal scoring record which will only improve in time.

We should be adding players, as it happens I think Adebola and Blackstock will be a good combination at Forest and they still have Earnshaw.

All of last summer the problem was not bringing in a forward and look what happened.

This smacks of a Flavio Briatore decision, how could Magilton possibly of judged the player based on two games.

As you might have gathered I think this is an absurd decision and any of our supporters who honestly think this is a good move cant of watched much of the football last year in particular on the road.

Lets hope the club will use the money to invest in a couple of players who can find the back of the net next year.
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Funky - Give it 6 months and you will be saying what good business it was mugging forest £1.6M for Bambi. He is not good enough for a team looking to get into the top 6 and if he is so good, why is no other team interested ?

Comment

decent pace.
                        Sorry what did you say in the rest of that post I gave up reading when you mentioned the word pace. I know your not that sharp over 30 yards but trust me Blackstock does not have pace!
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

sound business deal. It's all about what happens next!!!!!:byebye:
                          oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                            They can replace him with Rowan Vine who is miles better than Blackstock and bank 1.6m they will not get in 12 months.
                            How do you work that out 7 goals in 35 games
                            Gerry Francis the greatest all round player to come from these shores:super_man:

Comment

Working...
                            X