The Raven ? 375 Goldhawk Road, Stamford Brook, London W6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Raven ? 375 Goldhawk Road, Stamford Brook, London W6

The Raven came into existence in 1839 and it didn’t surprise me to learn that it was originally a stable block. Formerly known as ‘The Raven Tavern’, the name is supposed to be linked to the old Ravenscourt Manor House and the park. The Manor House was at one time surrounded by a moat fed [...]

More...

I know the pub very well. And so does Isleworth!

I was born in Queen Charlotte's. So was Kevin Gallen!
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
      I know the pub very well. And so does Isleworth!

I was born in Queen Charlotte's. So was Kevin Gallen!
      Yes indeed I do and have spent far too many late nights and cash in there over the years though I stopped when the yuppies moved in and Wild Boar sausages and crushed potatoes appeared on the menu

Shame as it use to be a cracking little boozer

Comment

is it across the road from the hospital as you swing left towards chiswick??
        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
          is it across the road from the hospital as you swing left towards chiswick??
          Same side as the Old Queen Charlottes Hospital and opposite Stamford Brook Station

Comment

i know the one. shame a lot of the old pubs have turned yuppified-seems to be the in thing in london now-takes the community spirit away imo.
            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

I used to live around the corner that puband the one on the corner by turnham green, drove past there for the first time in years few weeks ago all changed, my brother and sister born on queen charlottes aswel
              Great little area there

Comment

Born in Queens Charlottes, old man wet the babies head in there...use to be a top boozer

Comment

Yuppified, bloody hell thats all 1989, the boozers are going back to the man on the street the last few years ,the 'yuppies' as you call them are all into Costa and Starbucks now.

The Raven is on the edge of Ravenscourt park and imho is an average boozer in Chiswick.

actually i just saw this on their website , what a bunch of #####s!:

The seasonal menu includes skilfully executed dishes such as lamb and ale casserole with mint dumplings, and perfectly seared tuna with Tuscan bean salad and sun dried tomato pesto, while a sinfully rich brownie brings meals to an indulgent end. Enthusiastic service, a good selection of guest ales and an impressive range of 16 by-the-glass wines ensure that meals go down smoothly.

Comment

Working...
                  X