No announcement yet.

Getting the best out of SWP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To play behind the striker you need someone with technical ability, Mackie isn't that type of player. Taarabt, Buzsaky or Barton are the only players in our squad that can play behind the striker IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrotter View Post
      To play behind the striker you need someone with technical ability, Mackie isn't that type of player. Taarabt, Buzsaky or Barton are the only players in our squad that can play behind the striker IMO.
      Agree, but against top teams you need to to close them down early, stopping them dictating play, causing teams to drop off and defend to deep, the first 10 mins of Man Utd v Barcelona in the CL Final is a perfect example. Jamie can do that all day long, so sacrificing a gifted player for a worker would not be such a bad tactic and he showed v Stoke he can get his head up to find a pass.

Comment

What I'm struggling to understand is: isn't Mackie left footed? And even if he isn't, didn't he have his main run of form with us last season playing on the left of the three behind Heidar?

This sort of nside-outside winger swapping is some sort of deluded general trend I think. I've definitely heard Spurs fans going potty at Bale/Lennon switching.

Comment

Working...
        X