Barton and Faurlin Doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barton and Faurlin Doesn't work

Watching the game yesterday i realised that playing Barton and Faurlin together doesn't work.

Faurlin is a player who controls the whole game, he likes to sit in the middle of the park and be a distributor. Since Barton has come a long (and started to find some form) he has started to take a lot of work off Ali, the last few games they played together i have noticed Ali getting very frustrated with his lack of posession. With Barton's strong character and being the captain, i think he is getting too much of the ball over Ali, who in my opinion is one of the best central midfielders in the premiership in terms of distribution.

Dear oh dear - the 2 of them have been brilliant together - one bad game away to liverpool and you are saying it doesnt work

Keep the faith for gawds sake - this is the premiership

Comment

They were the best thing since bread was invented 2 games ago

Comment

I thought both have been fine this season and Barton had one off day. Barton was terrible yesterday, Faurlin was great (apart from his dive in the area late in the game).
        In fact, the only thing Barton really produced all game was an argument with Craig Bellamy and a bunch of crap set pieces.

Comment

The gmes they have been brilliant are the games where we had 5 in midfield and Barton was playing further up the field. When we have played 442 or 4411, barton and faurlin have been playing side by side and i dont think it works. I would like to see barton play further forward feeding the strikers and Faurlin resuming his normal position controlling the game

Comment

Erm...I think you'll find barton and faurlin have played better in a 4 4 2. Yesterday there were 5 in midfield, and it was awful, then DJ came on to partner bothroyd and it picked up.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

smith wasnt playing in midfield yesterday, he was playing just behing bothroyd

Comment

fk me i can be critical but that is pathetic, them 2 the best cm pairing , barton is a cm is where he is most effective (apart from yest)
                not even sure what else to say

Comment

Originally posted by essex View Post
                  you taking the ****? he was on the wing he had swp behind jay

Comment

Joker
                    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Bad stream?
                      http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by alexferguson60 View Post
                        I thought both have been fine this season and Barton had one off day. Barton was terrible yesterday, Faurlin was great (apart from his dive in the area late in the game).
                        In fact, the only thing Barton really produced all game was an argument with Craig Bellamy and a bunch of crap set pieces.
                        You might want to watch that again fella Skrtel caught Faurlin. Would of been a soft penalty but so was GA for Villa against us and I've seen em given for a lot less!

Comment

2-0 at half time, Spurs get get past them.

Comment

Watching the game yesterday i realised that playing Barton and Faurlin together doesn't work.

Faurlin is a player who controls the whole game, he likes to sit in the middle of the park and be a distributor. Since Barton has come a long (and started to find some form) he has started to take a lot of work off Ali, the last few games they played together i have noticed Ali getting very frustrated with his lack of posession. With Barton's strong character and being the captain, i think he is getting too much of the ball over Ali, who in my opinion is one of the best central midfielders in the premiership in terms of distribution.
                            Oh dear lord, is it me of is this site now getting full of buffoons? I mean FFS the last 3 or 4 games they have been great together but you watched yesterday against a very good Premiership side, one of the top 10 sides in Europe and you say they don't work together. I do hope all your posts aren't as pathetic at this one otherwise my blocked list is going to be incremented by 1!
                            Last edited by Dazzer1977; 11-12-2011, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Hold on a minute. Are you for real....? Do we have another troll on our hands here? Smith was playing left wing.

Spurs away we played the first half with 5 in midfield and was woeful until we went to 442 at the start of the 2nd half.

You really aren't making a case to be taken seriously reading the drivvel in this thread. Really what planet are you on?

Comment

Working...
                              X