• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McIntyre on Taarabt

Good article
    http://www.westlondonsport.com/featu...del-mctaarabt/
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

some players have made full, and well respected careers up there tbh. could be a good move for him.
    hadn't thought of it, but McIntyre's put across a good and valid arguement.

Comment

Great paragraph:

"And the issue with Taarabt isn’t only his attitude or immaturity. That misconception is one that flatters him greatly. There are also question marks over his actual ability.

What now, then, for the man who lit up W12 last season?

Taarabt wants to play on a big stage, to be adored, and to mix it with Europe’s best. What he needs, however, is to grow up, and to play at a level where his naivety isn’t exposed while he matures as a player."
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Spot on. A loan to either them two would suit him.

Comment

Errrr....Wasn't this posted on here about 10 days ago ???

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
            Spot on. A loan to either them two would suit him.
            Loan wouldn't suit us though. Adel has 18 months left on his contract, we need to sell him in January!

Comment

Yes it was posted on here before and tarbie is correct.. A loan is no good for us.
              http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Oh my godddddd, he's only played about 5 or 6 games this season, GIVE HIM MORE TIME! I mean Newcastle and Wolves he played amazing and Chelsea he played alright. Some players make the jump straight away, but some need time to adapt. In my opinion he's hardly been given enough chances and I can't imagine how frustrated he is with everyone around him saying "his attitude is sh*t", "hes a championship player", "hes useless", "he dont want to be here" He's had a lot of time to think now and I bet he just wants to get on that pitch and shut everyone up! I mean if he wants to be noticed by other teams he has to play, and I reckon he does want to, but is not given enough games.
                Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 09-12-2011, 12:20 PM.
                "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by NikB View Post
                  Oh my godddddd, he's only played about 5 or 6 games this season, GIVE HIM MORE TIME! I mean Newcastle and Wolves he played amazing and Chelsea he played alright. Some players make the jump straight away, but some need time to adapt. In my opinion he's hardly been given enough chances and I can't imagine how frustrated he is with everyone around him saying "his attitude is sh*t", "hes a championship player", "hes useless", "he dont want to be here" He's had a lot of time to think now and I bet he just wants to get on that pitch and shut everyone up! I mean if he wants to be noticed by other teams he has to play, and I reckon he does want to, but is not given enough games.
                  Shouldnt you be at training Adel?

Comment

Originally posted by NikB View Post
                    Good post Nik

People expecting him to do the miracles he done last season without giving him a good few chances in the Prem

Yes, his mind has been elsewhere but feel his had enough time to look at the situation and play to the level he was in the Championship if not better after his given a chance to play a good few games

Ballotelli is a young player like Taarabt who needs that extra coaching as they have a special ability of skill and vision that other players dont possess

Comment

I would not like QPR to sell him in January. He is still a kid who likes to play football his way, showboating, its the way he is and he will have a great time up north but still be ours. He has a lotta growing up to do and once he gets all that ..frustration outta his system and then start the serious work playing for your team he will be a valuable asset to us. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                        Good post Nik

People expecting him to do the miracles he done last season without giving him a good few chances in the Prem

Yes, his mind has been elsewhere but feel his had enough time to look at the situation and play to the level he was in the Championship if not better after his given a chance to play a good few games

Ballotelli is a young player like Taarabt who needs that extra coaching as they have a special ability of skill and vision that other players dont possess
                        Adel is always one that is going to divide opinion but I have to say, I strongly disagree with the sentiments of Nik and Dale on this thread.

It's really not about "expecting miracles", it's about expecting professionalism, hard work and team spirit from one of our supposed best players. Is that not the least that we can expect from somebody reportedly paid 20k a week, despite his young age?

Too many people on here are swayed by Adel's match winning performances last year and are loyal to him no matter what. The fact is he doesn't want to be here, he thinks he's too good for us and worse than that he doesn't mind telling that to the press either.

It was one thing pandering to his him and his childish tantrums last year when we were in the Championship and we needed him. This season it's a whole different ball game. We are in the Premiership with genuine, top class players in the team. Do you really think the likes of Ferdinand, SWP and Barton are used to their captain throwing his toys out the pram evey time the ball isn't passed to him?

Adel is his own worst enemy and he is having a good go at wasting all of his talent. I'm not surprised Warnock has run out of patience, in fact the only surprise is that he was able to put up with him for a whole season.

Comment

Dont think Ballotelli or Rooney would be treated this way by there managers when they got in a strop in the past

Its a learning curve what young players have to go through and he needs NW to stick by him to make him a more mature level headed player

Sure his been a brat at times but many high profile players in the past were like Taarabt and flourished into solid players with a strong mind later on.

NW needs to spend that extra time like last season as his still young and got to learn the mentality of the game.

Would be a shame to dash him aside when he still has the talent and ability but needs NW to bring it out of him again which can happen

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                            Dont think Ballotelli or Rooney would be treated this way by there managers when they got in a strop in the past
                            Probably because they showed they could cut it at the very top from the very beginning.....

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                              Probably because they showed they could cut it at the very top from the very beginning.....
                              Exactly. There's a difference between a top proven player having a paddy and a player yet to proove a thing throwing his toys out the pram believing he is the best thing since sliced bread without having done anything to back it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X